Guitar Hero

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Hero

There's no PS/2 forum, so I'll post this here. I acquired a PS/2 just so that I could play Guitar Hero. It is a super fun game, especially if you love the music.

http://www.guitarherogame.com/

Check out the music! My fingers hurt and my wrist hurts, but I can't stop playing that guitar. I think I'll grow what's left of my hair long so that I can rock harder. :D

Edit:
    Oh my... I just found a video of someone doing one of the hardest songs in the game on expert difficulty. Bit hard to understand without seeing the game, but you have to hit the frets at the right time and strum the little strumswitch to play them. If you hit them all, it sounds like the real song. If you miss any, you get a little "doink" sound and it all goes to hell. This guy makes a few tiny mistakes that you can hear. He is a freak. :)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...62911979111749
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Re: Guitar Hero

Originally posted by icky
    Edit:
    Oh my... I just found a video of someone doing one of the hardest songs in the game on expert difficulty. Bit hard to understand without seeing the game, but you have to hit the frets at the right time and strum the little strumswitch to play them. If you hit them all, it sounds like the real song. If you miss any, you get a little "doink" sound and it all goes to hell. This guy makes a few tiny mistakes that you can hear. He is a freak. :)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...62911979111749
    I'd be more impressed if he was playing on an actual guitar, and even then - not so much. But I suppose playing guitar for 8 years doesn't help with the amazing factor.

This looks like a cool game though, do you actually buy a life sized toy guitar to play it?

Comment

holy crap - yeah, it's SOOOOO fun... some best buy's have a display you can play... get's my vote for GOTY

the guitar's 3/4 scale... "looks fisher-price, but then when you play it, you feel like a rock god..." :icon_lol:
      Last edited by WhiskeySix; 01-19-2006, 08:32 AM.

Comment

You guys scare me.. I saw it at BestBuy yesterday and "cool" wasn't ANYWHERE in my description of it. :-)

It's just another input mechanism for a Dance Dance Revolution type game.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

:icon_lol: yeah it looks pretty dumb, but i'm tellin you man... seriously one of the most fun games you'll ever play, i promise!!

review:
          http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/g...ero/index.html

heh - this cheesy little segment was on the local news the other day (as the developer is here in boston):
          http://mfile.akamai.com/12912/wmv/vo...61054.200k.asx

I acquired a PS/2 just so that I could play Guitar Hero.
          i mean really what else do you need to know? would icky lead you astray? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
            :icon_lol: yeah it looks pretty dumb, but i'm tellin you man... seriously one of the most fun games you'll ever play, i promise!!
            Ya, like I said, if you like the music nothing really compares to pretending that you are the guitar god. Especially at a party over a few drinks. I had the pleasure of doing this with 2 guitars going and it was just awesome for everyone involved.

BTW, on further review, that video is probably faked. There are some odd things in it which are too hard to explain otherwise.

And yes, there are real guitarists who blow away anything you can do with this game. That's not the point at all.

Comment

yeah - always a big hit at parties... (trick is to make all the wives/gf's go first ;) once they play "i love rock n roll", they're hooked )

it's funny to watch people play too - some people really ham it up... headbanging and making their best "rock-god" face :icon_lol: Then others stand there like a statue concentrating to hit every note...

heh - i've also noticed myself (and others that can play guitar IRL) making RL guitar moves (like wiggling the left hand during sustain notes or slightly lifting the neck of the guitar when notes are bent-up) definitely good times..

Comment

Which begs the question... how far have you gotten? :)

I have completed the first 3 groups of songs on "Hard" difficulty. I think it will be a long time before I get good enough to move past the 4th group.

Comment

:icon_lol:

got 4-stars on all the mediums before moving on to hard... on hard, I'm stuck on the last friggin song (ozzy - bark at the moon)..

heh.. so i left that and started an expert career... just (barely) unlocked set 3.... i think the jump from medium to hard (adding the fifth button) is a lot more difficult than hard->expert, where you just have to be faster and have to do the hammer-on/pull-offs (on the first few hard sets, you can get away w/ picking each note - the later sets pretty much requires the HO/PO's... keep an eye out for notes that don't have black trim around the white inner circle - you don't need to strum those)

Comment

They should have called it Juke Box Hero and then got sued by Foreigner.
                    |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                      It's just another input mechanism for a Dance Dance Revolution type game.
                      Lets just hope they don't merge the two. "Dance Dance Guitar Revolutionary Hero"
                      RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
                        keep an eye out for notes that don't have black trim around the white inner circle - you don't need to strum those)
                        Ya, I've been trying to practice my HO/PO moves on easier songs lately. It is a bit irritating because they are so infrequent. I need a song which has a repeating HO or PO section all through it.

I am definitely getting steadily better at the game. I have been spending my time on easier stuff, getting 5 stars on medium songs. My wrist and fingers hardly hurt now when I play medium songs. :p

And tonight I hacked at a few of the easier songs on hard difficulty and my practice has made a huge difference. I learned that putting my index finger on green and my middle and ring fingers on yellow and blue as a home position gives me a really easy way to move up and down.

When I go back to the remaining songs on hard, I am just going to tear through them. :row__523:

Comment

I love this game! it's my favorite. I'm not as good as my friend, he beat bark at the moon on hard, but got stuck on Crossroads on expert...I think. I just enjoy playing it on hard and showing off for my lesser coordinated family members. I have yet to figure out the hammer on and pull-offs, and need to practice that a bit.

gloves for rocking: $15
                          headband for style: $10
                          guitar hero: $90
                          sore knuckles: ouch
                          dancing around the room with a plastic guitar in front of your friends: Priceless

Comment

Well I found a good song for practicing HO/PO. Texas Flood on Medium. I spent lots of time just playing through the song and using HO/PO for every note possible. I also finished 5-starring all of medium but Cowboys from Hell and Bark at the Moon.

But more importantly, I went on a tear through Hard and Expert. I have 29/30 in Hard, with only BatM in my way. I finished 17/30 on Expert, and I think I can get through a few more before hitting the wall again.

:D :D :D

Fun game.

My 4-year-old son keeps saying "play No One Knows on Hard, daddy". He just doesn't understand how physically and emotionally painful that is. :p

Comment

My 4-year-old son keeps saying "play No One Knows on Hard, daddy". He just doesn't understand how physically and emotionally painful that is. :p
                              Uh, I think you're underestimating him. Clearly he knows how much it hurts you - it's the first stage of a plot to kill you off so he can get his rightful turn on the PS2.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                              |TG-2nd|munchkin
                              Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse