Ouch! Lockdown pushed...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch! Lockdown pushed...?

Check out the release date now posted... was suppose to be in march... wonder if the very bad comments on the demo had anything to do with it.

http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=4243
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Ouch! Lockdown pushed...?

Originally posted by Magnum50
    Check out the release date now posted... was suppose to be in march... wonder if the very bad comments on the demo had anything to do with it.

http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=4243
    Had nothing to do with it. They did not have all the ingame advertising lined up yet. :row__577:

Comment

I think it may have to do with the bugs in the demo. The MP server joining is a little buggy. It took a couple of hours for the TE guys to get connected to each other. Each of us tried hosting and couldn't see each other in the server list or join through the friend list.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

This post, contrasted to the ones you're leaving now the game HAS been released, make me stop and think 'Hey, maybe Valve was right to delay HL2 a good year or two.'

There's a problem when a game company releases a game that's sub-par or hurried. It goes beyond the gaming community being deprived of a possible classic. When the players hate it, and they don't buy it, the company sees this as a true indication that the series may not be worth investing in (in the future). Perhaps they will invest in a failing project, but they certainly won't go-for-broke. They reduce the funding, and the downward spiral of poor quality continues. This particular game is SO bad, I would not be surprised if it is the last Rainbow:6 game. I don't wanna be a bummer, but not many game series' can recover from such awful reviews.

What can we do? The most basic thing is to patronize companies that deliver quality products. If you enjoy a game, even if you get the same thing from buying it that you would from downloading it thru p2p, buy it. Downloading a game off bittorrent, or whatever, doesn't hurt the company (and therefore the game series), what really hurts the game company is lack of sales. So download it if you feel like you need to test it (I'm not condoning piracy at all), but if you enjoy a game enough to play it more than an a few times, BUY IT. I think that game companies should have to earn their sales, but unfortunately with copywright laws, that's not always the case. However, it's sad to see GOOD game companies (with lousy copy protection) crushed at the feet of giants, who flood the market with mediocre, unfinished products and state-of-the-art anti-piracy online authentication (and consequently made much more money). I say, let em take their time, and reward those who do :D.

Just a little something to think about next time you get anxious about the release of a title.
        Last edited by aesop rock; 02-27-2006, 04:25 AM.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X