Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• music software

I need to be able to splice music.
    I am the sound guy for a quartet and I need a way to cut out say the first 10seconds of a recording or cut everthing but that first verse.

I became the sound guy only as a "I can turn on a computer so I must know how to run a sound board", oh and my wife directs the quartet.

Is there any $50-$100 software that will allow me to take a track and make a copy of only part of the track?

Thanks

Re: music software

Originally posted by gunfodder
    I need to be able to splice music.
    I am the sound guy for a quartet and I need a way to cut out say the first 10seconds of a recording or cut everthing but that first verse.

I became the sound guy only as a "I can turn on a computer so I must know how to run a sound board", oh and my wife directs the quartet.

Is there any $50-$100 software that will allow me to take a track and make a copy of only part of the track?

Thanks
    How about some free software? It sounds like your needs are simple. I see no reason to pay for something you can get for free:

www.AnvilStudio.com

http://www.download.com/AV-Music-Mor...ml?tag=lst-0-5
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

If those free apps don't do it, go on Acid. About $70 bucks for the base version which should be more than enough if you're doing basic editing.

If you are working in less than high quality audio -- in particular MP3s -- and just want to trim them up there's a great little app called MP3Surgeon.

I use both of these (tho Acid Pro version on that one). Good stuff for funky beats.

Comment

www.goldwave.com and audacity.sourceforce.net are both free

nero ultra has very adept audio editor as well, can sample a mono file up to 7.1 with some tweaking.
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

There's always SoundForge too.
          http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/pro...orgefamily.asp

It's gotten really expensive since Sonic Foundry sold it and shifted gears though. They have a lower priced Audio Studio package that might work for you too. It's under $100.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I've heard good things about soundforge, but I'm a cakewalk guy myself. Not sure how much it costs these days, as I'm using an ancient version.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
              I've heard good things about soundforge, but I'm a cakewalk guy myself. Not sure how much it costs these days, as I'm using an ancient version.
              I've always liked Cakewalk too. I don't do as much audio work these days as I used to, but I couldn't survive without Soundforge and ACID.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

CoolEdit is also pretty easy to use and easy to pick up. I'm borrowing a friend's copy to learn it at the moment so I'm not sure how much it costs. I think adobe's purchased it though and relabeled it.
                Beatnik

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X