Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of headphones do you wear with your iPod ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of headphones do you wear with your iPod ?

Hello,
    I am looking for a little help here.

I got a iPod Video 30GB mp3 player for Christmas and I would like to upgrade from the dinky stock headphones that come with it.

If you use a MP3 player or have certain knowledge of a particular brand of ear phones please let me know your thoughts.

NOTE: i usually tend to stay away from "EARBUDS" as they tend to hurt my ears but, if you know of a brand that are quite comfortable, I am willing to think about it.

The earphones that i currently use are these:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Panas...oductDetail.do

Thanks!
    |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
    [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Re: What type of headphones do you wear with your iPod ?

I use these:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-...oductDetail.do

Comfortable, don't slip, good sound, cheap.

Comment

Hmmmm .. those got a pretty good rating ....

Bass is good ?
      |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer_USMC
        Hmmmm .. those got a pretty good rating ....

Bass is good ?
        I listen to Jazz, Metal, Rap, Techno, Latin, and Trance: bass sounds good across the board.

Unlike the crappy ones that come with the iPods, you get a nice, full range, sound, and they don't wear on you like alot of headphones do.

Comment

The stock headphones may be dinky, but at least they..uh....
          Yeah, they suck. At louder-than-average volume guitars sound like drums :(

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
          |TG-2nd|munchkin
          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin
            The stock headphones may be dinky, but at least they..uh....
            Yeah, they suck. At louder-than-average volume guitars sound like drums :(
            Yeah Munchkin and one of the main reasons i upgraded almost immediately....

I have always been BIG into music and need things to sound good! ;)
            |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

Comment

If you do consider earbuds, try the most comfortable and best sounding earbuds that I've ever used: Sony Fontopia earbuds.
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

if you want real bass you should try some inner ear cans, though they are either a love or hate relationship, some people find them uncomfortable

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

yeah the Sony fontopias or MDX canalphones are excellent. Visit

http://headwize.com/index.htm

or

http://headwize.com/index.htm

For in depth reviews.
                  ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                  No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

What gives you great bass is the earbud forming a seal in your ear. You said you'd prefer to have no earbuds, but you adapt pretty quickly to using them, and the high end earbuds sound incredible.

The Koss earbuds aren't uncomfortable and are pretty cheap. They have a soft expandable tip like earplugs you wear to concerts. They block noise decently and have decent (certianly better than apple's stock earbud) sound quality.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B00001P4XA

I personally use the Shure E-3c's. A bit more expensive, but worth every penny. Truly high end sound at a reasonable price point. Plus they have multiple, exchangeable tips (two types of silicone, or a expandable foam similar to the Koss phones). The foam tips in particular are excellent at blocking sound, where audiobooks on a plane/jet are no problem. The review below says 'lack of bass', but I've found that with the iPod 'Extra Bass' EQ setting, it's a great amount of bass without sounding washed out. Got mine for $180, but they're as low as $130 shipped on pricegrabber:

http://reviews.designtechnica.com/review1303.html

One other thing about the shure's - you won't want to listen to mp3's at 128k on these. You can really hear the compression artifacts at <160-192 on these. Which is a GOOD thing. ;)

Good luck!
                    Beatnik

Comment

The Sony Fontopia headphones are really good.

They are so comfortable that you feel there not there. They come with three different sized earbuds so at least one of them will fit. One cool thing about them is you can have them in your ear and lie down on them without it being uncomfortable.

The sound quality is really good also.

One warning though, the wire has this really soft rubbery plastic covering that is not very durable. Make sure you take real good care of them because the coting will break if you do not.

Comment

Originally posted by 0b1one
                        The Sony Fontopia headphones are really good.

They are so comfortable that you feel there not there. They come with three different sized earbuds so at least one of them will fit. One cool thing about them is you can have them in your ear and lie down on them without it being uncomfortable.
                        Yep. I've fallen asleep with Enya being piped through 'em a few times...
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          Yep. I've fallen asleep with Enya being piped through 'em a few times...
                          Ditto what these guys have said. This is what I use also. Best earbuds on the market for the price, I've worn mine for up to 6 hours at a time with no discomfort at all, I use the smallets rubber attachment. This things are a STEAL, IMO.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...54420?n=172282

Comment

Thanks for all the input ....

I did go out and get the STREET STYLE behind the head phones that Mateo suggested.
                            Sound quality is pretty good but does start to hurt my head behing my ears a little bit after a while of wearing them .....

I will have to try out the F\sony ones that everyone is recommending.

I usually stay away from the types that fit into your ear due to after a while they hurt but if all you say they are fairly comfortable.. i will try them ....

And heck .. they are only like $24

Thanks again .....
                            |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer_USMC
                              I will have to try out the F\sony ones that everyone is recommending.

I usually stay away from the types that fit into your ear due to after a while they hurt but if all you say they are fairly comfortable.. i will try them ....

And heck .. they are only like $24
                              Yeah, the 51s and the 71s use the same speakers, they just have different cords. I prefer the 51s simply because it has one long cord instead of a short cord with an extension, but you might prefer the shorter cord?

They're gonna sound the same, though...
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X