No announcement yet.

Game Club Week 3: Ghost Recon Roxxors!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Club Week 3: Ghost Recon Roxxors!

Wow! Just wow! We had an amazing turnout for Game Club in what was arguably one of the more "aged" games here: Ghost Recon.

Yes, the graphics need a bit of an update. Yes, 90% of those that attended played the missions 100x. We actually had, consistently, more players than could actually join the CO-OP!

I shouldn't really be surprised about that, since Ghost Recon is still such a great game, and a vital part of TG history, but it was great to see nonetheless!

Attendees for the night where (up until I left at 11:00):

Turnleft!
    Magnum50
    Lagomorph
    JMJ
    Turbo
    Apophis
    FNG
    H-Hour
    Dragon
    Luna (!)
    Quarath (!!)
    =DdogG=
    Wulfyn

After the first few rounds, when I stopped TKing, we got down to what Tactical Gamer is all about. Anyone that has only experience with BF2 here, I implore you: get the game, and watch the experts in action: it's a real learning experience!

Let's see: Magnum 50 has screenshots here:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/picture...-gr-night.html

I've got a couple to add as well, so I will up them there. If anyone else has good screens, up them into that thread!

A good discussion of GR and what to do next is here:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/ghost-r...hts-games.html

Comment away!

Also, I wanted to comment about the level of maturity that all players that all players exhibited last night: since we only had 9 slots active, we consistently had players spectate so that someone else could cycle in for a map or two. Everyone got a chance to get involved, with not one iota of histrionics.

Great job everyone!

Re: Game Club Week 3: Ghost Recon Roxxors!

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
    Also, I wanted to comment about the level of maturity that all players that all players exhibited last night: since we only had 9 slots active, we consistently had players spectate so that someone else could cycle in for a map or two. Everyone got a chance to get involved, with not one iota of histrionics.
    That's so great to read. I was on the road until midnight last night and wanted to play GR.

If you guys haven't played Ghost Recon at Tactical Gamer, you should. You're in for a real treat.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      That's so great to read. I was on the road until midnight last night and wanted to play GR.
      We will have a Reprise/Revisit in the next day or so.

Comment

Then not even I-40 will save you THIS TIME!
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Nice pictures. Their were a few mistakes when we first started but everything just got better as the night went on.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X