Live Messenger Beta Invites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Messenger Beta Invites

Hey I am a beta testing the new MSN Messenger for Microsoft right now and it is pretty nice, a lot better than the current version they have out. I also currently have 31 invites or something around that number. PM or post your email address associated with your password account, so I can invite some more people into this beta program. I have encountered very few bugs, the biggest one is that if you have emails in ur inbox and you read them it doesn't take them away for some odd reason. Other than that I have not expeirence anything. Be forwarned if you have a hotmail email it will import all your contacts into your friends list, this is because you can now make VOIP calls (i haven't tried that out yet) to people, you can disable this by going under the view menu. You can add me to your buddy list if you want to, I will include my address in the reply if you PM me. I will not take any of the email addresses you give me and get you more spam, and the form that I fill in for microsoft to send you the emails will not add you to anything either. I will also update this message with how many invites I currently have.

Current Invites: 27

To the admins:
    If this is against any rules that I have not seen feel free to delete and/or lock this thread.
    Last edited by CingularDuality; 02-03-2006, 08:00 PM.
    -BB|KillerTarget

Re: Live Messenger Beta Invites

trillian ftw

Comment

I've already tried their Live Mail, and it's a little annoying. The Outlook style doesn't improve accessibility -- it takes up precious screen space. That said, I'd much rather try it and critique it than be ignorant and hostile towards it. Please invite, thanks.
      Last edited by CingularDuality; 02-03-2006, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Sent you a PM.
        For future requests so spam bots don't get some email if you can put it into a phrase such as testaddress (a) hotmail.com or testaddress(REMOVEME)(@)hotmail.com

As for trillian it is a great program, I love it for jabber support and my other passport accounts and my AIM account. It allows me to check email for my passport accounts and be logged in for a ton of accounts.
        -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

There's no "edit" button! how am I supposed to remove my e-mail? ;_;

Comment

Originally posted by koko775
            There's no "edit" button! how am I supposed to remove my e-mail? ;_;
            Done.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

An invite would be nice.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
              |TG-2nd|munchkin
              Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

0b1 would like one also thankyou sir.

Comment

ob1 sent you a PM, and munchkin I am going to send you an invite to the msn messenger link you have on your name. If you guys have any problems or bugs let me know I can get them to the microsoft people. Also post about your expeiriences with live messenger.

Current Invites: 27

PS
                  If an admin can edit the number of invites in my top post to become 27 it would be nice, I don't know why I can't edit my post anymore it let me edit it last night.
                  -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Excellent thankyou. Initial impression is that its a little claustrophobic but still quite smooth...

Comment

2 suggestions that I have from my experience is to change from the orange color imediatly. To change the color go to the top bar by the minimize, maximize, and close buttons and click on the paint can and choose something a little bit more pleasing to the eye. The second suggestion is to get rid of the side bar by going to options and then security and check the box that says "This is a shared computer so don't display my tabs" that way you get rid of the tab sidebar that just hangs out there and it makes it easier to fit in places.

Oh one last thing, after a few weeks you will most likely also recieve invites. I believe some of my friends who I invited a while ago got some invites. It goes from about 2 invitations per time to 5 invitations.
                      -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Ahhhh, much prettier.

Comment

This would probably be better off in the General Forum. Want me to move this thread?
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

you can if you want, i put it here because I didn't think it belonged there, but if you think it does go on ahead. It would be nice if i could edit my first post to edit the amount of invites i have, but i guess i could PM you or another admin to do that. Thank you by the way for doing that.
                            -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Originally posted by KillerTarget
                              you can if you want, i put it here because I didn't think it belonged there, but if you think it does go on ahead. It would be nice if i could edit my first post to edit the amount of invites i have, but i guess i could PM you or another admin to do that. Thank you by the way for doing that.
                              I think it would be easiest for you to just post updates on the number you have left. That would also allow you to bump the thread until they're gone.
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X