Tactical Gamer Awards Forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gamer Awards Forum

I was looking at the award forum earlier. It seems to my casual browsing that this is BF2 only. Is that correct?

I had been thinking that some sort of awards for outstanding gameplay in other games (notably the World of Warcraft crew) would be a good way to recognize TG's WoW gamers and boost some morale.

There doesn't seem to be any way to do that in the subject forum. Perhaps some wise person could enlighten me as to the protocol for the forum.
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: Tactical Gamer Awards Forum

Originally posted by beep
    I was looking at the award forum earlier. It seems to my casual browsing that this is BF2 only. Is that correct?

I had been thinking that some sort of awards for outstanding gameplay in other games (notably the World of Warcraft crew) would be a good way to recognize TG's WoW gamers and boost some morale.

There doesn't seem to be any way to do that in the subject forum. Perhaps some wise person could enlighten me as to the protocol for the forum.
    At the moment, yes, the Awards forum is BF2 only. There has been an effort to do something similar in CounterStrike Source, or across games, but thus far they have not resulted in any awards. That is because of the effort of the BF2 administrators to recognize their players has been monumental (hint, hint).

Comment

Mateo nailed it on the head. The system/structure involved in making these awards happen is VERY time consuming and labor intensive. Efforts are being made to determine an easier way to accomplish this across multiple games, but it's been a difficult process.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
        At the moment, yes, the Awards forum is BF2 only. There has been an effort to do something similar in CounterStrike Source, or across games, but thus far they have not resulted in any awards. That is because of the effort of the BF2 administrators to recognize their players has been monumental (hint, hint).
        I'd have to disagree with you in part on this. I feel that the environment of the other games tends to not be as reward-friendly, not the lack of admins. I'll use CS:S as an example in this because that's the game I play here. (PCS Proven is a sort of reward in and of itself).

-There are no counters as of yet for hostage rescues/bomb defusals/bomb plants/etc.
        -We frown upon a kill-counter because it encourages hunting over tactically working.
        -There are no defined, specific roles for players to assume in the game. In BF2 for example, there is commander, sniper, bombadeer, etc etc etc. We don't have that.
        -There are only two "races" for the players - Terrorist and Counter-Terrorist. And it's not a "this person is always CT" kind of thing. It depends on the amount of players and which team the person is needed on.

Right now I'm working on trying to scheme up a few ideas for the CSS environment. Hopefully I'll have some good ideas posted out here soon enough.

Comment

Maybe there should be an award for the folks who successfully devise a system for cross-game awards. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by poe
            I'd have to disagree with you in part on this. I feel that the environment of the other games tends to not be as reward-friendly, not the lack of admins. I'll use CS:S as an example in this because that's the game I play here. (PCS Proven is a sort of reward in and of itself).
            Ok, this is all sort of off topic, but I will bite.

-There are no counters as of yet for hostage rescues/bomb defusals/bomb plants/etc.
            Look at the BF2 awards: they are given for both individual skill in a particular class, as well as for overall meritous action as a leader, volunteer, or commander.

In a teamwork based community, there should at least be a few PCS players that are worthy of leadership, planning, or commanding awards, don't you think?

-We frown upon a kill-counter because it encourages hunting over tactically working.
            None of the BF2 awards are given for kills: only actions supporting the objective.

-There are no defined, specific roles for players to assume in the game. In BF2 for example, there is commander, sniper, bombadeer, etc etc etc. We don't have that.
            Sure you do: someone always steps up as leader/planner. One player gets a scout. Some players provide exceptional hostage rescue instincts, others are superior bodyguards for the bomber.

-There are only two "races" for the players - Terrorist and Counter-Terrorist. And it's not a "this person is always CT" kind of thing. It depends on the amount of players and which team the person is needed on.
            The BF2 awards are for general meritous action in a defined game (usually a scrimmage of some type). They are also given over time based on player's nominations or admin's recognition. They are not, in any way, tied to what team you are on.

Comment

Ok, this is all sort of off topic, but I will bite.

Look at the BF2 awards: they are given for both individual skill in a particular class, as well as for overall meritous action as a leader, volunteer, or commander.

In a teamwork based community, there should at least be a few PCS players that are worthy of leadership, planning, or commanding awards, don't you think?

None of the BF2 awards are given for kills: only actions supporting the objective.

Sure you do: someone always steps up as leader/planner. One player gets a scout. Some players provide exceptional hostage rescue instincts, others are superior bodyguards for the bomber.

The BF2 awards are for general meritous action in a defined game (usually a scrimmage of some type). They are also given over time based on player's nominations or admin's recognition. They are not, in any way, tied to what team you are on.
              All of this has analogs in WoW for the end-game instances or the big PVP actions...requiring from 20-40 players to succeed...with both individual feats and leadership needs for success.
              Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Thanks for the response. I will elaborate more :)

What I was getting at is that CS:S is hardly a static environment. A sniper one round could turn into a machine-gunner the next. It's hard to pin down specific rolls like that when they are always changing. This could, though, be a nomination sort of thing... where one of the "award-givers" are like "Hey, that dude is a going _______. Let's award him for it."

I have no idea all of what the BF2 awards are. It's just a standard thing referenced to in CS:S - KDR (kill:death ratio).

someone always steps up as leader/planner. One player gets a scout. Some players provide exceptional hostage rescue instincts, others are superior bodyguards for the bomber.
                Again it comes to the lack of repetivity. But yes, these are more applicable.

I think I'm actually getting the modular sig and the awards mixed up a bit on this part :p

Again, thanks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X