Event Signups - better solution needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Signups - better solution needed

Part of the WoW community's goings-on is that TG's guild is growing quickly as we are now doing the end-game raids (40 man, or 20 man in some cases). Using a forum thread for signups is less than ideal since it becomes quite cumbersome when working with numbers that large. Among other issues, we need to keep track of name, guild status, time of sign up, class of character, definite vs maybe, volunteer vs accepted, accepted vs wait list.

I'm pretty sure that we aren't the only gaming group that could benefit from a robust event signup function. One that exists for WoW is at http://raidspace.com/Raid.aspx?id=3e...a-6d10d509dfd1

It is rudimentary, but it is a start in the right direction.

I'm hoping that the knowledgable resources in this broader forum can find a solution...(or write one:row__523: )...that would integrate comfortably in TG's awesome web presence.
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: Event Signups - better solution needed

Originally posted by beep
    Part of the WoW community's goings-on is that TG's guild is growing quickly as we are now doing the end-game raids (40 man, or 20 man in some cases). Using a forum thread for signups is less than ideal since it becomes quite cumbersome when working with numbers that large. Among other issues, we need to keep track of name, guild status, time of sign up, class of character, definite vs maybe, volunteer vs accepted, accepted vs wait list.

I'm pretty sure that we aren't the only gaming group that could benefit from a robust event signup function. One that exists for WoW is at http://raidspace.com/Raid.aspx?id=3e...a-6d10d509dfd1

It is rudimentary, but it is a start in the right direction.

I'm hoping that the knowledgable resources in this broader forum can find a solution...(or write one:row__523: )...that would integrate comfortably in TG's awesome web presence.
    Powerface and Wyzcrak are the big scripting guns here: that doesn't mean that they have the bandwidth to help.

I'll look at this when I get back...is raidspace open source?

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
      Powerface and Wyzcrak are the big scripting guns here: that doesn't mean that they have the bandwidth to help.

Heh...I dunno...
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

is raidspace open source?
        I do not see where it says it is Open Source, nor a place to download the code, so my assumption would be negative.
        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I agree with Vin, at a quick look I don't see anything about it being Open-Source. But if this is something we are definitely looking into then I will look around and see what I can dig up, and or create.

Comment

I have heard of something for LAN's that may work for you. It is called ALP (http://www.nerdclub.net/alp/) and there is a way for people to sign up saying they want to be apart of a tourneyment and such, one large LAN I went to used this for a few things like CSS tourneys and some other things.
            -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Something like this would be very useful for BF2ers im sure. The irregulars alone would probably murder all their loved ones for something like this.

Comment

Unfortunately neither of them do PHP/MySQL. That all ends up on my shoulders. :)
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Apophis - would the old system we had on TacticalConflict meet the needs? It had a facility to schedule matches, which is in essence what the WoW guys are trying to do.
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I can help, I'm doing a few things in php and python atm, so I'll see what I can knock up

[at][unit]

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyTwoHand
                      Something like this would be very useful for BF2ers im sure. The irregulars alone would probably murder all their loved ones for something like this.
                      While a signup sheet would be great I don't know how necessary it is. Though if one was presented to us I'd definitely jump on it.

I haven't been having any issues per se with the way our signups have been working lately because I put question marks next to those who don't say whether or not they are coming. I'll usually ask them if they are or aren't and generally I've been getting the "Sorry I can't" which works.

Its not that much of a problem updating the list as the thread progresses, I just copy and paste the last posted list and add names to it as needed or delete names as needed.

The last practice we held we had about 14 names on the list and 12 showed up I had two PMs the morning of from the two who originally said they could participate and had plans change.

I also admit that the old dead threads from previous practices are cluttering up the Irregulars board which is part of the reason I feel that the whole "signup" discussion came about because the dead threads do make the board look messy. If one of us on the Irregs had some way to clean up the board it would be great.

Again, a formal signup sheet would be awesome but we'd also need some sort of mod on the Irregs board who can periodically clean up dead threads such as old Practice signup threads or policy change threads.

[volun][drill]
                      I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

If your looking for a PHP/MySQL based system, I will talk with some of my friends who do a lot of that. It my not be the best graphically, but the one friend I am thinking about is a wiz at PHP/MySQL and CSS.

Will the ALP thing I posted above work at all also, or at least customized to work with what you want?
                        -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X