RO:Source Video!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RO:Source Video!

As many of you probably already know, Red Orchestrah, a popular mod for UT 2004, is coming to source.

They have recently released a video that looks amazing and shows alot of the features and gameplay aspects.

It will not let me post URL's so you will have to google it.

It's coming this March, and I'm looking forward to it greatly.

Re: RO:Source Video!

not sure what you meant by not able to post the link but it's here anyway:

http://www.redorchestragame.com/

and it is a great mod, now standalone game... I've talked with and interviewed one of the members of the team... alot of good stuff coming in this new update.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I can't post urls because i don't have 15 posts yet. :( lol i'm nearly there though

but back to the topic

Yes looks very nice, and gameplay shoudl be fun to.

Comment

It is not the Source engine.
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Rgr that, RO is the Unreal engine, just using steam delivery to save lots of money and make even more.
          -Zephyr
          You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
          We are not a single game.
          We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
          We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

wait so it's not source, but you can still buy it and play it trhough steam?

Comment

Originally posted by garrett
              wait so it's not source, but you can still buy it and play it trhough steam?
              Steam is merely a digital content delivery platform for companies that want to sell their games. Other companies (or individuals) have made games like rag doll kung fu, and darwinia to name a few and released on steam to have direct access to a very large consumer base (millions of gamers).

If they just released their game to stores, they probably wouldn't make a lot of money since a lot of these games are low profile.

Source Engine is the engine used for half-life2 and its mods. Games on steam do not have to be on the source engine. Steam is seperate, its just the delivery system for all these different games. Although the success of half-life2 and its mods with steam really make it look appealing for other developers.

And yes, red orchestra is made with the UT2004 engine, they are now legally allowed to sell it since they received a license to the engine by winning the "make something unreal" contest. IMO steam is a good choice for them and I'm sure they will make quite a bit of money. Although if you have ut2004 you can still download the mod for free IIRC.
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

^^^^^Not this version of it though.
                RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Right, RO is no longer a mod, and you cannot download the new version for free even if you own UT2k4. You can still download the old one, but it has icky vehicles and stuff that doesn't work very well.

Comment

aight, well dat's still cool i'm gonna buy it!! yeah. who else will buy it with me??

Comment

Garrett look at this thread in the FPS forum.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/first-p...publisher.html

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X