Swore i wouldn't but did it...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swore i wouldn't but did it...

I caved in to the populous and got me an iPod... only after my fantastic, longlasting, and highly used Creative Zen finally died...

It's cool now, got all my songs, 1441 of them on, and all my pictures 1784 of them... along with my outlook content...and spent about 100 bucks on new songs, videos, TV shows like Jackass and the original (good) SNL skits...(all from the iTunes store.)

but I was NOT happy about the initial install... first I got an error message, so not sure what didn't install right, then it automatically started scanning and converting ALL my files for the iPod use including clip art, in game graphics (pics that are in the game folders like for start up screens), and wouldn't stop... finally had to control alt del to stop it... then force it JUST to use My Pictures and My Music... very intrusive, can't they just ask us what we want on the iPod, instead of assuming we want everything on our PC on it?

well anyway, it's working now, and pretty cool, but flimsy compared to my rough and rugged zen...

anyway... does anyone know of a game/sim related podcast? I'd like to check those out and see what kind of info they give... or maybe start a monthly podcast game magazine or something, with commentary, videos, and screens... just a thought.

and on the same topic... anyone know how easy or difficult it would be to make a video podcast? I was kinda thinking like a TG recap or a monthly video podcast with tactical game news, reviews, clips and screens... will have to research more on that.

also, anyone know how you get a video on the iPod? I know I can buy a music video or the swimsuit model video but I'd like to convert and upload gameplay videos for viewing.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Swore i wouldn't but did it...

Hey Magnum ...

First off .. i want to tell you that I have re-installed my Falcon 4: Allied Force and have been "REFRESHING" myself with all the Avionics and whatnot .
    it all came back to me relatively easy ... Gonna set-up an "O" Flight so I can join you guys .....

Anyway,

I have an iPOD 30GB Video as well ..... MAN ... I love it ........

As far as a GAME RELATED PODCAST .. check out " X-PLAY's Daily Videogame PODCAST - G4 TV "

This is the only Game Related podcast I know of .....

If you ever get a TG or Game Realted Podcast going ... let me know ... I would like to contribute !!!!

Have fun with that thing ....... !!!
    |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
    [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

Oh man, say it ain't so! Another faithful Zenian falls to the dark side. Apple will never take me alive! Viva la Zen!!

Comment

Why did you get the Ipod? I would have gone with the Zen VIsion M.

On topic check out the PC Gamer podcast. www.pcgamerpodcast.com

They also have a video podcast but its mainly an audio podcast. New episodes every week. (For the audio one atleast.)
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I'm actually quite against iPod's as a brand, they don't offer anything that other brands don't, there are several features that they don't offer that other brands do, and they restrict contect, make it so songs you buy on the iTunes store can only be played (without using something like iOpen) on their hardware.

I personally use an iAudio U2 because 1GB worth is enough space for me to tote my music and general files around on (as it can also be used as a general USB drive), but they have many HDD based models as well.

As for an alternative to iTunes I use MediaMonkey, perfect "Portable Audio Device" ability after a quick setup and is more stable (In my experience) than iTunes.

Comment

I use WMP10 and like several Creative MP3 players. (Zen Touch, Micro, and Muvo) I wish I had some extra moeny to get a Micro Photo and a Zen Vision M.
            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
            TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
            "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

That's great to see Creative putting a new Zen out. They didn't seem to be doing much with the line lately. Hopefully by the time I am in the market for a new unit they will offer something bigger than the 30gb (I like to carry my whole library...my 60gb Zen isn't big enough...)

Comment

i have found that itunes is BAD with computer problems, and when u uninstall it, its still there and gives dead startup programs, and is overall .. i dont like it, but that aside, tell us in a few weeks when the 'ooo ahhh ipod' has worn off, if u still like it on not