Olympic referees killing Canada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic referees killing Canada

Watching Canada v.s. Switzerland and the referees are killing Canada.

First it was the random whistle stopping the play before Canada could score and then the poor call not allowing one of the canada goals.

I swear the Russian referees are getting revenge over the 12-0 victory for Canada over Russia in the womens hockey.

Re: Olympic referees killing Canada

yes the swiss goalie deserves credit, still it was the refs that beat Canada, :(

Comment

Gerber is rock solid. Right after the game started I commented that my biggest fear was that Canada would fail to put one past him and the game would end 1-0 or something. That turned out to be almost true. They put a couple past him, but they couldn't beat the refs.

Full credit to the Swiss. They have a good team.

Canada needed to grind them more. I hope they realize that now. These aren't all-star games. They have to get down in the corners and wear the other team down to open up opportunities.

The bright side is that this was a good warm-up for the big games to come. Had they rolled over the Swiss 10-0, they wouldn't have learned anything.
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

This nothing new. The Swiss did bring a good game, and kudos to them. Chalk this one up to a learning expierience. Canada has to not take anyone lightly, and go for the kill.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Props to Gerber for that glove save. Definitely a good ruling even though I think the puck was caught behind the line. You have to give him the save just for catching that. I didn't think there were that many bad calls by the refs. Some were fair but that Pronger slashing penalty at the end was wrong. They just have to get used to the rules. The team put one past Gerber but they have to remember to stay out of that crease if they want the goal to count.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X