Anyone checked out previews of "Quake Wars"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone checked out previews of "Quake Wars"

Seems to be alot like BF2, only insane looking graphics.

http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3140558

check it out.

Re: Anyone checked out previews of "Quake Wars"

My computer started smoking while just looking at the pictures.

I need a new rig.
    Focused

Comment

I saw a trailer for this several months ago and then never saw anything else until now. It looks pretty cool though. I wonder if I can run it...
      AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

This is my next upgrade. No doubt about it. I actually switched to BF2 from UT2K4's Onslaught, so this game, which is a mix between realisitc tactics and futuristic weapons and settings is a sure hit in my book.

Comment

Two words....Armed Assault. :)

Quake Wars is on my list but it's all going to depend on when they are released. If AA is released first I'm liable to buy only it as given the tactical nature of it I see a lot of BF2 player switching to it. I didn't play OFP much but given the way TG will play it I'll buy it.

Comment

What's the status on QW? What milestones remain to be achieved before it's released? (I don't ask for times, just what has to be accomplished. It's much more reliable as a metric of how long before we see the release.)
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I've been lapping up every tiny morself of information I can find on this game. Looks great!

I was a big fan of the first Enemy Territory (The free multiplayer expansion for Return To Castle Wolfenstein). Did TG ever have a server for it? I know the game wasn't very realistic, but it had plenty of room for strategy.

Comment

^^^^^Yes we did but it never took off. Not sure why. Its a free game after all.
                RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah
                  I've been lapping up every tiny morself of information I can find on this game. Looks great!
                  In that case would you please fill us in on the significant details of the game's progress and any features that will be signficant to TG/teamplay (voice, command structure, etc.) A condensed status would be nice because I can't find much with a quick googling.

Comment

Recent screenshots from Selectivegamers

I have to admit that looks a very impressive game visually. Unfortunately, I really dont like aliens, zombies and that sort of mambo jambo.

My favorite shot:

http://selectivegamers.com/images/st...pc/ETQW_01.jpg
                    Last edited by Apophis; 02-23-2006, 02:08 PM.

Comment

my poor little computer :(
                      "The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all- powerful." -- Lao Tzu

ingame name: Zuiquan1

Comment

My X1800XT PE is ready for this. So is my dual core Athlon.

Random as far as I know there is voice comm but there is no command structure. They might have Fireteams like in Wolfenstein ENemy Territory. (Think BF2 squads only you can't spawn on your FL.)
                        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

*Starts saving up for now proc and 8800GT* :D

---

Comment

Doom3 engine eh? Looks like they've improved on the shadows so far.
                            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

In theory if you can run Quake 4 you should be able to run this.
                              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X