Tactical Gamer Call of Duty 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gamer Call of Duty 2

After a lot of work, the Tactical Gamer Call of Duty 2 team would like to invite everyone to play on our community server. We're trying very hard within Call of Duty 2 to provide the Tactical Gamer experience, where teamplay and tactics take center stage. In that spirit, we have the following gameplay environment ready for your enjoyment:

- We run an excellent realism mod called Wolfsbane's Realism Mod. This mod removes almost all of the "arcade" features found in vanilla Call of Duty 2. What remains is a game similar in feel to America's Army, but which is set during the World War II timeframe. Wolfsbane's Realism Mod is a server-side mod, so there is nothing for you to download.

- We have tweaked the vanilla Call of Duty 2 weapons to provide as much realistic behavior as possible. Weapons now have recoil, proper rates of fire, reasonable ammunition loadouts, and they cause realistic damage. Further, the weapons are balanced in terms of both numbers and characteristics so that no particular type of weapon can dominate. In fact, the weapon balance is such that teamplay is virtually a necessity, as it should be.

Our weapon tweaks reside within a client-side mod called Tactical Gamer Weapons, and this is downloaded from the server to your computer automatically when you connect. This is a very small download (85 Kilobytes), so you likely won't even notice it. We continue to support and improve the mod based on feedback from our members.

- We host only the multiplayer maps that shipped with Call of Duty 2, so there are no custom maps for you to download.

- The gametype we play is called Search and Destroy, which is similar to Counter-Strike's Demolition gametype. One team must plant a bomb on an objective, and the other team must defend the objective from its would-be destroyers.

The server is called TacticalGamer.com - COD2, and its IP is 64.34.174.152:28960. For more details, please visit our Call of Duty 2 forums. For those of you who haven't been on in a while, be sure to check things out -- we think you'll be not only surprised, but also impressed. Come see how Call of Duty 2 was meant to be played.

Thanks!

Re: Tactical Gamer Call of Duty 2

No more changes to the server or mods will be happening. If you have connected before and had to download a huge file, thats a thing of the past. The server is extremely stable and fun. Join us on TS, info is in my sig, and lets go play.

plus i need new targets
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Strag, Trooper,

I have a couple of questions about CoD2. Thanks in advance for answers...

1) What about those icons floating over the heads of soldiers? Does the realism mod take care of such arcade visual guides?

2) Comments on the map sizes in comparison to BF2 and AA?

3) Is Search and Destroy mod offering non-linear gameplay? Or is it pretty much linear where defending team waits for attacking team to come?

4) Are there any other game mods?

5) Is max player capacity 32?

6) Your comments on Red Orchestra?

7) Can you briefly describe a typical gameplay in comparision to BF2 vanilla, tactical mod, AA? Game pace? Progression?

8) How cohesion is achieved by the teams? There is no BF2 type squad concept, right? Do you guys form squads, fire teams?

Comment

Originally posted by John CANavar
        I have a couple of questions about CoD2. Thanks in advance for answers...
        Hey, "a couple" is two! ;)

1) What about those icons floating over the heads of soldiers? Does the realism mod take care of such arcade visual guides?
        They're gone. Crosshairs are gone (unless you're looking through the scope of a sniper rifle). Red dots on the compass indicating enemy locations are gone. All that arcade stuff is gone.

2) Comments on the map sizes in comparison to BF2 and AA?
        Map sizes vary, but I would say most are smaller than those in America's Army. Many of the maps in CoD2 feature urban combat, so there are plenty of buildings to clear and streets to navigate.

3) Is Search and Destroy mod offering non-linear gameplay? Or is it pretty much linear where defending team waits for attacking team to come?
        As with America's Army, much of the action is indeed focused on either attacking or defending set objectives.

4) Are there any other game mods?
        There is Capture the Flag and Headquarters. Headquarters is actually a very interesting, non-linear gametype, in which the action can shift to all different areas of a map. We currently don't run this gametype, but if our members desired it, we would certainly add it.

5) Is max player capacity 32?
        It is.

6) Your comments on Red Orchestra?
        It looks and sounds fabulous, and should be a great fit for TG. I'm anxious to play it.

7) Can you briefly describe a typical gameplay in comparision to BF2 vanilla, tactical mod, AA? Game pace? Progression?
        Typical gameplay is similar to that of America's Army. There are currently no vehicles in the game, so all the action is infantry-based. Game pace is slow and measured.

8) How cohesion is achieved by the teams? There is no BF2 type squad concept, right? Do you guys form squads, fire teams?
        There is no built-in squad structure as Battlefield 2 has. There is, however, built-in VOIP (with good sound quality), so a team may establish its own Team Leader and team structure as it wishes. Solid infantry tactics are possible with this mod. There are smoke grenades to provide cover. There are various weapon types to handle different situations. There has been some discussion already of team structure and SOPs; more is needed, in my opinion (hint, hint ;)).

Comment

Great job Strag. Myself as well as the rest of the CoD2 admin team would like to thank all the members who have given us their ideas for the tweeks. Strag has done an awesome job getting these mods in place so that we can have a very TG type game play. For those of you who have not yet played you are missing out. Stop by, get on T/S and have a very good gaming experiance.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

One question:

Does the mod "balance" the sniper rifles... they are too easy to use with the "holding breath" feature. The holding breath thing made me stop playing the game.. it is the most unbalancing feature I have ever seen. Brecourt was just sniper paradise.

Comment

The sniper rifle is my baby and we actually did some modding to that too, slower "scope" up time, and slower rechamber. Strag even figured out how to lower the scope with each rechamber then the scope goes back up. I actually prefer the sniper just like it is now, jump on TS tonight and get me, we can go on the server and ill show you around
              -Vulcan

Comment

and a fix to a preivous post, the server is only 24 max, that must have been changed since last time
                -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                  and a fix to a preivous post, the server is only 24 max, that must have been changed since last time
                  The server has been handling the player load very well, so we've bumped the maxplayer limit back up to 32. :icon14:

Comment

Hey good work guys! I really enjoyed the single player game, in fact I thought it was fantastic, one of the best IMHO. Maybe if I could get more time in the day, I would join y'all!

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Good job strag, this COD2 TG server is awesome.
                      XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

I'd like to (re)extend an invitation to everyone to join us for Tactical Gamer Call of Duty 2 Nights, which are now on Wednesdays. The action starts around 8pm Eastern, and we're now featuring custom maps. If you're not familiar with our server, you can read up on our server mods here.

The server IP is available here.

So please, join us this Wednesday and see what we're all about!

Comment

I did order a copy via Amazon, and it turns out that the vendor was a scammer. Now I need to find another copy to order AND get my cash back.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                            I did order a copy via Amazon, and it turns out that the vendor was a scammer. Now I need to find another copy to order AND get my cash back.
                            I was wondering what happened. That stinks! I hope you're able to get your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by Strag
                              I was wondering what happened. That stinks! I hope you're able to get your money back.
                              Amazon will cover, then go after the seller. You have to sign all these "You know filling a false claim is a Federal offense" types of disclaimers, but they can just write off an $18 sale.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X