Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natural Selection: Combat (Members Only)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Selection: Combat (Members Only)

I just wanted to let everyone know that we'll be locking down the Natural Selection server tomorrow night from 7PM EST to 9PM EST in order to allow members an opportunity to experience Natural Selection's new gameplay mode, NS Combat, in an environment that is 100% teamwork-oriented.

We have a thread announcing it in the NS forums, but some of you guys may not have seen it.

Both NS (natural-selection.org) and Steam (the platform it runs on - steampowered.com) are free downloads if you own a copy of Half-Life.

If you're interested, check out the thread linked above. If you need help getting everything installed, we can take care of you.

Hope to see some of you there. :)

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

For anyone who hasn't played. The combat mode is a little different than the old regular NS play. Each person receives points as they play based on how well they do and what they do. As you get more points you get to select and add your own individual abilities. This happens on both the alien and marine sides. There is no marine commander. The ultimate purpose is to destroy either the alien hive or the marine command chair.

It's quite fun. I enjoyed the game style immensely.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Come play with us!

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
        For anyone who hasn't played. The combat mode is a little different than the old regular NS play. Each person receives points as they play based on how well they do and what they do. As you get more points you get to select and add your own individual abilities. This happens on both the alien and marine sides. There is no marine commander. The ultimate purpose is to destroy either the alien hive or the marine command chair.

It's quite fun. I enjoyed the game style immensely.

Best comparable mod I can think of would be Team Fortress Classic. It has a similar feel of constant, fast paced action. Teamwork is not required, but if its used you'll destroy the other team.
        I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Yeah, that's a pretty close comparison.

What is the deal with the ever increasing spawn times? Is it tied to your rank or to the amount of time spent on the map?
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Rank.

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Its tied to your level. And in my opinion, its the only thing that stinks about Combat. At sometimes depending on when you die, if you Level 10 it can take a full minute to spawn back in. I've got enough time to go get a drink and relieve myself :evil:
              I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Glad to hear you like the new version Apo...I also must say, I have enjoyed the games with you. I hope to see you more.

Comment

I like the prolonged respawn times. It makes you think twice before you throw yourself at the enemy.

Wyzcrak

Comment

Did all who came have fun? =)

I know I did :twisted:

Comment

I had an absolute blast.

Wyzcrak

Comment

Most fun I have had playin NS in a long time

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
                          Most fun I have had playin NS in a long time
                          Admit it, that was because I was on the server being a smartass ;)

Comment

Many games came down to the last few seconds.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X