Buying a new car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a new car

Hey guys, haven't been around for awhile. Took a hiatus from all the BF2 I was playing to focus on some other things. Anyway, time to buy a new car!

Help me decide:
    -I want something sporty
    -Don't need 4 doors
    -not spending over low $20k's

GTI, or more probably the civic SI

What say you?

here is a pic of the Si:

Re: Buying a new car

2005 ford Mustang, baby blue with white raceing stripe.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]

2005 ford Mustang, baby blue with white raceing stripe.
      I dunno 'bout baby blue, but definitely go with the Mustang. Good bang for the buck and it's American!
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

o yah you can get this car for under 20k. And like cing so greatly put, its AMERICAN
        -Vulcan

Comment

You can get the Mustang for under 20k but it is a V6 the Civic SI is quicker and is a much better car.

Comment

I feel better as a person telling someone to by an american car and a mustang to boot.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo
              You can get the Mustang for under 20k but it is a V6 the Civic SI is quicker and is a much better car.
              Quicker, perhaps. Better? Not by a long shot. It's got that cheap interior and, well, it's a Civic...
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                Quicker, perhaps. Better? Not by a long shot. It's got that cheap interior and, well, it's a Civic...
                The Si is quicker. Especially when it comes to auto crossing, which I will possibly be doing 1 a month on average with this new car.

Also I sat in the Si last night at the dealership. I'm not sure what you mean by "it's a civic", but the interior was extremely ergonomic and refined. High quality materials and power everything. Including things like a leather wrapped steering wheel with stereo and cruise controls on it, aluminum shift knob on top of the 6 speed shifter, moon roof, 17 in alloy wheels, etc. The mustang sort of turned me off. It's got a ridiculously large steering wheel and an interior setup that looks like an old fashioned am radio. It's decidely not a sports car.

I know I sound like i'm sold on the Si, but I'm also looking at the GTI seriously, the extra torque really appeals to me.

edit: pictures speak louder than words.

Comment

I'm not even going to argue about Ford being better then Honda because that is just ridiculous.

I drove a Civic EX because my fiance is getting one soon and I was totally impressed with the interior quality and just the overall car in general. I have owned 3 Honda's so far and I miss having one in the driveway, instead I have a car that is now owned by Ford and that scares me.

BHack I haven't see the new GTI in person so I cant really comment much on that but the reliability issue of VW would be the only thing I would look into. The sweet thing is that the GTI has a turbocharger so the motor is already built to handle more power. The aftermarket community will be all over both of those vehicles so if you want more power you will be able to buy it.

Comment

yeah but turbo you live in Pennsylvania, so you are wrong
                    -Vulcan

Comment

I'd go for the SRT-4. Or wait till the new Challenger comes out.

[volun][drill]
                      I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIck3nL3gz
                        I'd go for the SRT-4. Or wait till the new Challenger comes out.
                        The SRT-4 is nice, performance wise, but it's got some goofy styling and looks too much like a neon with a huge wing on the back (it is).

Comment

I always like to laugh at the people who buy cars that are "US made".

The 2005 Ford Mustang had a domestic content of 65 percent, down from 85 percent in 1997

(65% includes Canadian content, and we make a lot of car parts here in Ontario.)
                          Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                          Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

okay north American built. I the only reason i say American built is because you can take it to any mechanic and he will know how to fix it, foreign cars are a different story
                            -Vulcan

Comment

Subaru WRX baby. Don't know why, but I just love those things.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X