Red Orchestra Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Orchestra Discussion

I cant wait to play this, I hope most of u guys will try it. I already preloaded it. I played the mod alot in the past and it was great. We need some TG game play.

so if you didnt preload it, do. Its worth the 22 bucks. I have no problem with steam. I purchased DODS, HL2, Rag Doll Kung Fu, and others w/o a problem so dont use " I hate steam and wont install it" crap. :)

go now, what r u waiting for, i see u r still reading this, stop and get

Red Orchestra:

x-fire = bananajuice

Re: Red Orchestra = more gooder

You saw the RO forum, huh?
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by Bananajuice
      so if you didnt preload it, do. Its worth the 22 bucks. I have no problem with steam. I purchased DODS, HL2, Rag Doll Kung Fu, and others w/o a problem so dont use " I hate steam and wont install it" crap. :)
      I hate steam. :D

Going online to get approval to play HL2 is not cool at all.

Trying to make me run your software all the time like adware is not cool.

Giving me Bronze/Silver/Gold purchase options and then providing me absolutely no way to upgrade from one to the other is really bad.

I will use Steam to download RO if it's my only choice.
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky
        Going online to get approval to play HL2 is not cool at all.

Trying to make me run your software all the time like adware is not cool.

Giving me Bronze/Silver/Gold purchase options and then providing me absolutely no way to upgrade from one to the other is really bad.

I will use Steam to download RO if it's my only choice.
        You don't need to go online to get approval to play HL2. Once it's loaded, you don't need net connectivity at all.

You also don't need to run Steam all the time, only if you want to have constant updates. You can fire it up at will though and it will download the updates you need to play.

If you buy Ghost Recon in the store, you also have no way to retroactively turn it into the Ghost Recon Platinum edition. Steam is no different in this regard, although it would be a neat feature if they allow that sort of upgrade.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

why is no one throwing a fit about the bad grammer in his title, i mean come on its right there!
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
            why is no one throwing a fit about the bad grammer in his title, i mean come on its right there!
            I could barely understand the original post. Hence the reason why I didn't respond to it.
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

well at least my post are half coherent and logical
              -Vulcan

Comment

Half is right! ;)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                  Half is right! ;)
                  Half I would barely give him a quarter. :icon19:

Comment

Jerks, i have a feeling thing this thread is gonna be about everything other then RO
                    -Vulcan

Comment

I actually have not paid for mine yet, still haven't figured out how to explain another game to the wife.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

LOL, well ive been trying to cut back so i can spend some more time with her, guess i spend to much time gaming, but thats a difference of opinions. I think with my next paycheck ill just get it and not tell her, that always works. But rest assured i will get it one way or the other.

Texas is just to hot for me, i whine when i get all sweaty.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                          At least some people know that the shift key will help capitalize letters. :icon20:

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

My family don't even notice the difference between any two FPS. Just get it Trooper, she wont even know.

Comment

Well of course I know all of these things, but...

Originally posted by Apophis
                              You don't need to go online to get approval to play HL2. Once it's loaded, you don't need net connectivity at all.
                              I was never able to figure out how to avoid the online connection. I read stories of disabling network connections and stuff, but it was never worth the effort in my mind. I was looking for a checkbox which said "Let me do online stuff ON REQUEST". I don't like the BF2 sign-in either for the very same reason.
                              You also don't need to run Steam all the time, only if you want to have constant updates. You can fire it up at will though and it will download the updates you need to play.
                              No, you don't, but it installs into your startup. You can remove it, but I'm not a fan of the very notion that they expect people to run their software all the time. Things like this are not an issue for the technically savvy, but when my friend is running Rise of Nations and experiencing horrible performance, I hate getting on the phone and finding out he has a dozen steam-like pushy apps taking up his processor time.
                              If you buy Ghost Recon in the store, you also have no way to retroactively turn it into the Ghost Recon Platinum edition. Steam is no different in this regard, although it would be a neat feature if they allow that sort of upgrade.
                              There's a huge difference here for me. I bought HL2 in the store. I picked up the only box available in the store. I didn't know that there was a version which came with other things I would really like to see, like HL:Source and DOD:Source (I don't remember if these were really the things).

I don't have the option to take a small hit and get those bonus items. It is impossible. To make matters worse, I can't even take the big hit and buy the full version! The reason is that it already knows I have the Bronze (?) version, so it doesn't offer HL2 Platinum for sale.

Are ya getting my frustration NOW?
                              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...