Another Dev is abandoning retail shelves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Dev is abandoning retail shelves

Today S2 games annouced that it will only offer Savage 2 for download from it's own website. This allows S2 games ot release the game for a rather nice price of $29.99. Not only was the decision reached because it would pass savings on to customers but also since they wouldn't have to worry about publisher deadlines.

I wonder if Activision will offer Quake Wars exclusively online.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Another Dev is abandoning retail shelves

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
    Today S2 games annouced that it will only offer Savage 2 for download from it's own website. This allows S2 games ot release the game for a rather nice price of $29.99. Not only was the decision reached because it would pass savings on to customers but also since they wouldn't have to worry about publisher deadlines.

I wonder if Activision will offer Quake Wars exclusively online.
    Well, Activision is a publisher. If anything, I would expect to see ID Software/Splash Damage offer Quake Wars exclusively online. I doubt you'll see that happening though as I'm sure the deal with Activision has already been sealed.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I like the idea of devs going this route. Should bring prices down and, hopefully, increase the quality of the games since not being ties to a publisher has some advantages.

Might open up the scene for more indie developers also.

Comment

I saw this last night, on, of all things, Linux Gamers.

Personally, so long as I can back the game up, I don't really care about how it is delivered.

I don't really care to set foot in another retail shop. I do most of my game buying via Amazon these days, or via Steam.

Comment

^^^^Nice to see they are offering a linux version on release.
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...