Game recomendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game recomendations

My exams end tomorrow and so I think I need a game to either congratulate or commiserate my results with. I have given up holding my breath for HL2 and doom3 and I haven't yet started holding my breath for Rome:total war. So any other recomendations?

I liked Deus Ex, and although DE2 has had some slagging off, it was defended by PC gamer UK who I really trust. BF1942 looks tempting because it is played here, but if the TG interest wanes, I will be left with a game I really doubt I will want to play on public servers.

I could always venture into a flight sim territory with Lock On. Is it a similar experience to space flight sims eg. Freelancer?

Is there anything else released within the last 18 months that is a must play?
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

BF1942 is a great game. I dont think BF is going to fade away. We have a strong following, and its growing.

Comment

Lock On is a fun game but it's nothing like Freelancer or other space sims. You definitely need a joystick and plenty of practice with each type of plane. It's got similar gameplay to GR. You have to work together and plan engagements.

For SP, Prince of Persia was a really good game. The length was about right, taking me about a week to finish. If you liked the original, Sands of Time is going to be really enjoyable.

BF1942 should stick around for a while. There are some nights when there are a lot of TG and public players on the server. It's only a matter of time before some of them start signing up or visiting the forums.

Deus Ex 2 was decent. I would push you to play Prince of Persia though. Deus had too many load screens for my taste. Even though they were short, it's annoying walking 10 steps to load up a new area. The story didn't really intrigue me. I didn't even bother trying for the other endings, even though I would only have to load up five minutes before the end and kill a different person. It's nothing like the original. Any decision you make during the game doesn't really affect the ending.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

See my thread about wwii online :D

Comment

Deus Ex 2 was decent. I would push you to play Prince of Persia though. Deus had too many load screens for my taste. Even though they were short, it's annoying walking 10 steps to load up a new area. The story didn't really intrigue me. I didn't even bother trying for the other endings, even though I would only have to load up five minutes before the end and kill a different person. It's nothing like the original. Any decision you make during the game doesn't really affect the ending.
          I loved Deus Ex 2, but I'm into those conspiracy type things... and I was severely dissapointed in how things ended up, where You could change at the very end... But overall It was pretty fun... If you like single player games. If you want multiplayer go somewhere else =)
          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Even if BF is not played here in the future, there is a large community, with several good servers out there.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

As for Deus Ex 2, its a lot like the original in a good way with some improvements. The drawbacks are its significantly shorter than the original and it requires a fairly beefy system.

Comment

Civ3 Series...if thats your thing....checkout the DC++ hub...i have a "demo" for you ;)

other than that theres no real games that interest me in the slightest...im still holding my breath for HL2....and so far the brain damage isnt hurting too much.
                From Adam Webb

Comment

LockOn is nothing like Freelancer. You can't really compare it to a space sim. It's pretty accessible even for those new to flight sims though.

Comment

Turns out DE2 isn't out here for another month. :(
                    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
                      You really need to pick up BF:1942. Trust me. It's going to be around here in one form or another for a long time...
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

It really sucks how they stagger release dates over periods of months... I got DE2 in December...

They say theres alot of different dialogues to translate... well, for the UK, all they'd have to change for the game is the regular grammatical errors we from the US use.
                        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          You really need to pick up BF:1942. Trust me. It's going to be around here in one form or another for a long time...
                          Perhaps not, if Far Cry delivers on its Modablitiy claims. That demo was beautiful.
                          I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

shame........
                            From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                              shame........
                              Just 'cause you can't find any hax for the game, doesn't mean the game isn't any good....
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X