Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WWII Online....Free 2 wk trial! Give it a chance with me!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWII Online....Free 2 wk trial! Give it a chance with me!

I know, I know! Right now, you're all thinking "WWII Online? I heard that game sucks!" I know you did. I heard it too.

But that was 3 years ago.

Let me just tell you guys this game has came a long way. I played it on my friends computer when it came out, and I hated it. It was absolutly terrible. Horrible graphics, bug-plagued, etc...

Well, I've been looking for a new game, and I stumbled upon an UPDATED review of WWII Online. From the way it sounded, I figured this game would be passable now, and I figured I'd give it a shot. Why not, right?

I. LOVE. THIS. GAME.

Seriously. I was hoping for a mix between BF1942 and GR, and while it's not exactly the same as either game, it's a really good mix between the 2.

There are some things that are still being worked out, and there's a ton of new stuff being added (bailing out of planes and tanks/trucks are something that's going to be implimented).

Seriously though, this game kicks major @$$. While it could be fustrating running 10 minutes to get to the front lines only to get shot by a sniper (and that's no exaggeration...average distance from a foward base to an enemy town is probably 10 minutes running distance), you must remember that this game is a SIMULATION. Do not go into this game expecting BF1942, you'll be sorely disappointed. Patience really does pay off in this game; If you have the ability to wait in the bushes for 10 minutes for an enemy panzer to pass, you can run up, place some satchel charges on the tracks, and blow the damn things off.

Speaking of which, the games hit detection is awesome too. While it's very hard to tell if you kill an enemy vehicle, it's pretty neat to take it down with your rifle. You can fire a shot into the barrel and jam the turret. You can fire in the viewslots and kill the crew. You can kill the tank commander when he pops his grubby little head out. This game is extremely realistic.

But I'm done raving about the game; Try it for yourself. They are running a free 2 week trial (No credit card info needed for the trial, just go to register, click "Create Promo Account", and type in WWIIMAG as the promo key), and it's definatly worth it to give a chance.

I really think you GR guys especially will love this game. It's very similar in a lot of aspects, and with the communication and teamwork you guys promote, we'd probably be able to take a whole town just by ourselves.

If you do decide to try it, tell me, and I can teach you what I know. Yesterday was my first day, but I've already picked up a lot about the game. It's a bit of a steeep lurning curve, but by the end of your first day you'll get the hang of it.

My account name is Mikolove. MSG me in game, I'll be on at nights during the week. Let's get a TG division up and running boys!

Dont want to pay to play this game. With that said, it would be a waste of my time.

Comment

Well spoken Cobra... With that said, I agree... with that said, this is the end of my post, with that said, bye..... :D

Comment

But yet you are willing to pay to play free games. Also yea i agree with Miko we should make a squad. BTW Miko I will join up again just for u. Anyway try to join Laffayette Federation its the suquad i was apart of. They are a good bunch as the name suggests they fight in the French Army.
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
          Dont want to pay to play this game. With that said, it would be a waste of my time.
          so is playing ANY OTHER GAME... so whats your point? :P

downloading now... thanks for the info :D
          From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
            But yet you are willing to pay to play free games.
            some people still don't understand what it is all about :P

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
              some people still don't understand what it is all about :P
              Yea, some people dont get it. I pay to help fund the operations of this place. I cant stand playing games with little bratts. I love playing with my friends(all of you dorks). So if there was no TG, I probably wouldnt be playing online games.

Comment

Hey comon pubs aren't that bad. Well depends on the game really. For example RTCW and ET have pretty good teamwork even on pubs. BTW Of course i get it. And if you don't beleive me think of it this way. I pay 10 dollars a month to play NS alone. I am not really that much of a BF1942 fan (more into the mods) and ET and Savage are always empty. Also I can't stand Ghost Recon. OPFlash for life.
                RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

...I love playing with my friends (all of you dorks)....
                  Awwww ... :oops: We love gaming w/ you too Cobra. ;)
                  sigpic
                  I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

Meh. I played this a long time ago, back when it was first released. Then I played it again a few months later. Then, I took your advice and played it again recently.

Each time, I can't get into it. I dont know, maybe its just me, but I just cant like this game, no matter how much I like the idea. Maybe if I could get a good bunch of guys playing with me. I usually end up playing alone, though. Its hard to communicate effectively in that game.

Comment

Yeah. It could be a difficult game to get into....requires a lot of patience.

BTW, welcome to the forums :)

Comment

Hey comon pubs aren't that bad. Well depends on the game really. For example RTCW and ET have pretty good teamwork even on pubs. BTW Of course i get it. And if you don't beleive me think of it this way. I pay 10 dollars a month to play NS alone. I am not really that much of a BF1942 fan (more into the mods) and ET and Savage are always empty. Also I can't stand Ghost Recon. OPFlash for life.

dont have to explain to me, but you said this...

Comment

Originally posted by Riyker
                          ...I love playing with my friends (all of you dorks)....
                          Awwww ... :oops: We love gaming w/ you too Cobra. ;)

That does sound bad doesnt it!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X