HL2- Minerva: Metastasis 2 RELEASED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL2- Minerva: Metastasis 2 RELEASED

Minerva: Metastasis 1 made a huge splash in the Half Life 2 community in late 2005 by bringing the playerbase a single player modification that amazed all who played it.

It went on to be voted #11 in the best mods of 2005 by ModDB, going up against contenders like our community's games Natural Selection and Dystopia.

While #11 may not impress you, Minerva: Metastasis 1...was ONE map.

Think about that.

Two days ago, after months of waiting, the sequel to Metastasis 1 was released. A single new map. I have played it through on Hard, which I recommend for TacticalGamers, and it gets a 10/10 from me.

I'm not going to tell you what it is about though. Oh no. That would take away the fun.

Expect anywhere between 1-4 hours of an amazing experience that you wont soon forget. Expect an experience equal to or greater than that of Half Life 2 and an outstanding example of what a single map can become with great time and effort.

Expect an experience that you will want to play again, especially if you dont go through it on Hard the first time. Though Hard mode...is so, so much more rewarding.

http://www.hylobatidae.org/minerva/index.shtml

-Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Re: HL2- Minerva: Metastasis 2 RELEASED

I love Metastasis. Great loads of fun.

Comment

I might have to check this out after a endorsment like that.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

omg finally omgomsgosjfklsdjflsdkfjsdklfjsdlfkasjfkljs;afkld

The first was absolutely astonishing. I can't wait.

Comment

I shall check it out....Looks very kewl.

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Umm..what is it?

Can I still play the first one so I'm not completely confused when playing the second one? Is it on Steam or do I have to get it from that site.

Before you tell me to read, I did. I still don't get it. :)

Ok, nevermind, i see it is on Steam, I'm DLing now.

Ok, nevermind again, its listed on Steam but you can't DL it. I want to play the first one now. :( I'm such a newb. lol

[volun][drill]
            I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Minerva is an episodic mod, told in chapters. Metastais 2 contains both chapters of the story so far.

Comment

Ok, cool. I DLed it and started playing. Its pretty hard. I died at the boat in the very beginning. They kept throwing grenades at me. hehe.

[volun][drill]
                I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIck3nL3gz
                  Ok, cool. I DLed it and started playing. Its pretty hard. I died at the boat in the very beginning. They kept throwing grenades at me. hehe.
                  Noone said it was easy! Getting off the boat wasn't a major issue for me: getting into the first base was a killer. The AI has been turned up a notch: grenades, flanking, etc. are executed immediately, instead of the pause/hesitation that the combine seemed to have in HL2.

Comment

I had noticed that. I tried ducking behind a big rock thinking that they'd stop and think that I was ogne. But the jerk came around the rock and threw a 'nade at my face. I managed to kill him but his buddy got me in the end.

[volun][drill]
                    I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Cool news. I'm going to try both mods later this week :)
                      Thanks Zephyr!

Comment

I just concluded in my own mind that I can't possibly play it, when my new amazing graphics card (thanks Best Buy) couldn't even run tetris.

Comment

Well I downloaded and started playing...Pretty nice map. I think I am being played though, the guy that keeps sending me status messages doesn't really like me....

It has been so long since I played local and without a team....I felt so lonely...LOL!

Right now I am on Chapter 2 (I think) and made the big giant steal beam slam into something now have to figure out how to get out of there...

Great map/mod...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Yeah the hesitation factor has been completely removed, which is very interesting in how drastically it improves the HL2 AI. Doesn't do much for the terrible weapons though...course that isn't the fault of this mod, but a general gripe at HL2 overall.
                            -Zephyr
                            You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                            We are not a single game.
                            We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                            We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Just beat it today. Was quite disappointed in the ending.

But thats because I didn't want it to end. I can't wait for the third installment.

[volun][drill]
                              I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...