needed: 16x16 full color icons for TG-hosted games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needed: 16x16 full color icons for TG-hosted games

I'm creating something new for our forums, the details of which I'll get into later (I've gotta get to bed).

It's about finished, and I only lack one thing.

I need 16x16 icons for every game we host. I don't want anyone creating ANYTHING. I want stuff that already exists.

If you've got the icon, great. Give it to me. If you know where I can find one, please advise, be it a URL, a process for pulling it from my system (if I've got the game), or a bigger image I can crop.

I don't want to resize anything if I can avoid it. I want 16x16 icons for game titles.

Attached is an example of what I'm talking about. Any file format is fine, if you've already got files. Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: needed: 16x16 full color icons for TG-hosted games

http://www.deviantart.com/view/21846342/ (Steam-related icons)

Contact the author for permission (so sayeth the stuff at the bottom)
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Here's the icon for DoD:S when viewing windows explorer in detail or list view.

dod_windows_detail.png

Comment

Wyz, this is updated:

www.tacticalsites.com/~cingular/16x16Icons.zip

Still need one for GRAW, Falcon4, Armed Assault, Red Orchestra, D&D Online and Xbox(?).
        Last edited by CingularDuality; 03-08-2006, 01:40 PM.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Holy crap, Cing... that really gives me a lot to work with. I can't wait to work more on this (that'll happen tonight).

Ideally, I'd have an icon for every single forum listed in the main (only the main) forum index.

General Discussion, Sandbox, etc will obviously not be game icons. But I'm open to icons for those (the invitation remains open to everyone). If not, I'll manage those.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
            Sandbox, etc will obviously not be game icons. But I'm open to icons for those (the invitation remains open to everyone). If not, I'll manage those.
            My suggestion for the sandbox: :icon41:
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Forgive me for not knowing if you're sincere or joking. That one could go either way.

If you're sincere, does that create a problem for my decision to avoid icons which look similar to icons we can apply to posts when we create them?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                Forgive me for not knowing if you're sincere or joking. That one could go either way.

If you're sincere, does that create a problem for my decision to avoid icons which look similar to icons we can apply to posts when we create them?
                Heh...

I was half joking. I found it somewhat humorous, while also presenting it as a viable suggestion.

Needing it to be dissimilar to other usable icons, perhaps a red warning sign icon?
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I thought it was pretty funny.

I'm all for painting the rosy picture of this (and any other non-game) forum with the icon, not reflect the fears they should have when entering it.

I had something like a conversation bubble (think editorial cartoons), or justice scales, or something.... something that promotes what we want in the forum, not something that warns about what it unfortunately is (a cove warranting apprehension and anxiety).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X