Fans of the R6 series please look away

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans of the R6 series please look away

(Crying) I got this from the IGN PC boards. Thanks goes out to SFLUFAN for posting this

" Oh my brothers of the PCGB:

I have just come from reading the pages of that putrid magazine known as EGM in order to gain intelligence for you on R6: Vegas in order that you may not have to sully yourself by actually touching EGM. After washsing and cleansing my hands thoroughly, I will bring you the news of what I read regarding the latest entry in this series.

And the news is not good.

Here are the facts:

- the game has been in development for nearly 2 years now
    - after the debacle known as Suckdown...I mean Lockdown, development was taken away from Red Storm and given to Ubi-Montreal
    - you will play as one character, don't ask me his name because I didn't care to remember it - all I remember is that it was some generic tough-guy white man name (Ding Chavez does make a return though)
    - you will have 2 or 3 teammates who will have unique (ie, "cliche") personalities
    - the game will be presented using the "Half-Life" (yes that is exactly what they said) style of storytelling using only the first-person perspective and no cutscenes (not that there were very many cutscenes in the previous games anyway)
    - the game will have lots of destructability/interactivity in the environments and you will be able to do stuff like rappel down the sides of buildings and fast-rope out of choppers
    - it appears that there will be no pre-mission planning phase (just like Suckdown) rather you will issue commands "on-the-fly" (like in Raven Shield)
    - it will be a more "cinematic" presentation as your teammates will engage in conversations and ARGUE during the missions

Let me stop right there for a second. Conversations? ARGUE? These are elite counterterrorist operatives. They don't argue or converse with one another on a mission. Do you know what happens in real life if you "converse" or "argue" on a mission such as this? YOU ****ING DIE - THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU!!!

And here is the kicker that about caused me to laugh/cry/vomit/scream simultaneously was I was reading the article at Borders:

THE GAME WILL FEATURE A "HALO-STYLE" HEALTH SYSTEM WHERE YOU WILL RECOVER YOUR HEALTH IF YOU STAY OUT OF THE ACTION FOR A BIT!!!

BWAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAH! Oh that's a good one Ubi/RSE - no really that's a good joke. Wait, it's not a joke? You're ****ing kidding me right?

So there you have it! Rainbow Six: Vegas is NOT a "return to form" for the series but rather looks to make Lockdown look genius in comparison. Unless Ubi gets smart and hands development of the PC version over to GRIN (who is doing the more tactical PC version of GR:AW), I have zero hope for this.

Excuse me while I go cry some more. "

I officially hate the Xbox and Microsoft. Thank you very much for your time.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Fans of the R6 series please look away

Your teammates said stupid stuff in Lockdown too. Give it up: the Rainbow 6 franchise is dead. Time to move on man.

Comment

^^^^I still have Operation Flashpoint, Armed Assualt, the SWAT series, and Game 2. (OFP 2)
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

This is depressing. I might still be able to have a little fun with it.

God I'm so sad though.

Comment

This is just sad. So many innovative games with depth get dumbed down to a level of complexity that wouldn't challenge a 5 year old by their sequels.

Do they really think I want to get into arguments with my teammates in a tactical shooter?

Comment

Originally posted by Arf
            Do they really think I want to get into arguments with my teammates in a tactical shooter?
            Just wait for Rainbow 6: MMORPG Platinum Hyper 'The Sims' Edition!!1221!!

Not only will you get into arguments (and, at the higher levels, gunfights!!!111!!!) with your teammates, you can use the experience points your character earns to develop even better conversational skills!!!1231212!!! You will even be able to talk your way out of confrontations with the enemy, and maybe critique their outfits for [email protected]#[email protected]!!!

This has actually been quite therapeutic :)
            A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

:icon_lol:

Just reading that made me smile.

Comment

I think the series should go back to formula and do one based on the original book. I would love to be weber on the top of that roller coater drop :) .
                The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
                #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
                83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

I don't think that'd be pretty entertaining if you read the book.

"Hey... the mansion mission. I think I'll setup everybody outside the house and camp."

Comment

Yeah in the book the actual entries lasted about 5 seconds, and after that all the shooting was done.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X