No announcement yet.

What do you guys think of the XBOX 360?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think of the XBOX 360?

So the 360 is coming out next week, and I'm trying to decide whether or not to devote a week of my life to getting cash for that behemoth. What do you guys think? How do the graphics rate compared to the PC, and are the games any good?

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Re: What do you guys think of the XBOX 360?

Graphics are compareable to a PC but that of course depends on your rig. The main draw is them being HD. However if you don't have an HDTV you can use your monitor. I forgot how much the cables cost for that though.

I have no love for it to be honest. I didn't like the 1st one. (Most of its games were PC ports thus I rather play them on my computer.) This one looks no different.

Only console I care about is the Rev since Nintendo games don't make it to the PC. PS3 after a price drop. 360 for well DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
      Graphics are compareable to a PC...
      that's why i'm not getting an xbox, and just getting a better graphics card soon

most games that come out for the Xbox and the 360 seem to end up on the PC anyway

Comment

I am completely underwhelmed by the Xbox 360. In fact, the last time I got excited for anything from the Xbox was Halo 2, and that turned out to be a major mistake. I had many numerous problems with Xbox live (bye 50 dollars), not the least of which were my Mic not working at all, after hours of phone, email, and friend tech support, being unable to connect to online games unless I was in a group (that wasn't exactly minor).

I heard that some people stood in line for hours for an Xbox 360, then when they got it they brought it outside and smashed it with a sludgehammer. Bravo to them, I say.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
          I heard that some people stood in line for hours for an Xbox 360, then when they got it they brought it outside and smashed it with a sludgehammer. Bravo to them, I say.
          Why did they do this!?

Comment

The 2 videos of Xbox 360s getting smashed that I know of had fake 360 in a 360 looking box, they smashed them in front of the line-ups.

Comment

I just don't know how I missed versions 2 to 359.

Comment

360 is the worst possible name for it because it would mean that it's exactly the same as the Xbox

Anyway I love mine. TG isn't the only online community I'm involved with and it shouldn't be for anyone really, the online play for the good games is alot of fun, whoring achievment points can be good fun when you're trying to get more than your friends (I can't do that no way though, one guy I know already has like 19,000).

The good games are great, and it WILL have Halo 3 which flat out will be great, plus Oblivion for those of us without GeForce 78000000000000000000000000s and Radeon x909090909090990s that can still barely run it.

Plus you can use it like a conventional PC in some ways.

Just don't get the Core because it's 100% worthless.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X