X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new war game (real time strategy shooter): Field Ops

Blue's News reporting

Field Ops Announced [March 13, 2006, 09:22 am ET] - 6 Comments
    Swiss publisher Freeze Interactive announces Field Ops, an upcoming "real-time-strategy shooter" in the works at Digital Reality. The Field Ops Teaser Website is live with info and screenshots for the game, which is due this November:
    Gamers want innovation and they are about to get it.

Swiss-based Publishing house, Freeze Interactive, and developer Digital Reality are proud to announce Field OpsTM the first PC real-time-strategy shooter!

Field OpsTM brings together, in a unique presentation, the two favourite genres of PC gamers; Real-Time-Strategy and First-Person Shooter.

Field OpsTM is the perfect mix between strategy and fast-paced military action. Move into the fascinating world of anti-terrorism and manage every aspect of gameplay from strategic planning to taking out the main bad guy with your sniper rifle.

What Field OpsTM, brings to the genre and to games in general, is a genuine revolution that combines immersion and strategic thinking.

Game Features:

• 5 Unique locations
    • More than 8 different classes per side
    • First-Person shooter AAA quality graphics
    • True to life Physics engine
    • Immersive and exciting multiplayer modes featuring a worldwide ranking system
    • Real vehicles and weapons for the most authentic Special Forces experience
    • Fight on the ground, in the air and over water
    • Motion-captured animations for the most realistic experience ever
    • Tactical A.I. allowing for exciting gameplay in both RTS and FPS views

Title: Field OpsTM
    Platform: PC
    Genre: RTS-Shooter
    Release Date: November 06
    Game Web Site

Looks quite arcade to me and I am not interested at this point. Just sharing the news...

Re: A new war game (real time strategy shooter): Field Ops

proud to announce Field OpsTM the first PC real-time-strategy shooter!
    How many games are going to claim this title? I think Savage was the first one... (or NS, to a certain degree...)
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Savage (2003) came out after NS (2002). So NS was the first RTS shooter that I know of.

This genre seems to be the new fad as of late, not sure if that is good or not.

Comment

I recall there being one before I just forgot what it was called. (Before NS)
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Here is my major malfunction with this, and games like it (BF2 to an extent). Lag time, connection, accuracy. For the games to be as fluid as they need to be, I haven't had a good experience with a game of this type in the connection department. When you get into huge building placements, vehicles, aircraft etc... things tend to get jerky. I don't care how pretty it looks if you can't shoot your enemy because they live 50ms away but the server can't handle the load.

NS doesn't exactly fall into the connect problem department, because its all indoor maps with very few buildings, most the size of player models. NS rocks, period.
          USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak
            Here is my major malfunction with this, and games like it (BF2 to an extent). Lag time, connection, accuracy. For the games to be as fluid as they need to be, I haven't had a good experience with a game of this type in the connection department. When you get into huge building placements, vehicles, aircraft etc... things tend to get jerky. I don't care how pretty it looks if you can't shoot your enemy because they live 50ms away but the server can't handle the load.

NS doesn't exactly fall into the connect problem department, because its all indoor maps with very few buildings, most the size of player models. NS rocks, period.

I don't understand what would make anything jerky... Think of the load on a BF2 server with 64 people on it, and then tell me how adding a few geometrically defined and static buildings would contribute much more load to the game.
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Both Battlezone and Starsiege: Tribes had RTS/FPS gameplay before Natural Selection which had it before Savage which came before Battlefield 2 which came before Field Ops and Savage 2.

Comment

I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Although Savage 2 should be out by end of summer. It's a pretty good genre and it's getting press coverage. NS really broke through with the genre and Savage shows that this genre can sell.

My hope is there will be an implementation that has BF2 type squad command structure with VOIP. Savage had squad leaders but when commanders have to assign them, it's too much micromanaging when they have better things to do like develop the tech tree. VOIP would be welcome since Savage squads were non-existent. It was basically "move here" and "attack this". I would like to see the same command feature with VOIP but restrict the commands to a squad instead of issuing the command to every nearby teammate. Plus, it would be great if the commander could issue orders to the squads like BF2.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                  I don't understand what would make anything jerky... Think of the load on a BF2 server with 64 people on it, and then tell me how adding a few geometrically defined and static buildings would contribute much more load to the game.
                  With a full load on BF2, I get jerky. I don't have a killer machine, but it certainly holds its own. So my only conclusion is that the amount of data being handled between the server and the clients gives very little cushion.
                  USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak
                    With a full load on BF2, I get jerky. I don't have a killer machine, but it certainly holds its own. So my only conclusion is that the amount of data being handled between the server and the clients gives very little cushion.
                    Hmmm, well, if it's only you that gets jerky, and you don't have a killer machine, why would you suspect the server instead of your own PC?:row__523:
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                      Hmmm, well, if it's only you that gets jerky, and you don't have a killer machine, why would you suspect the server instead of your own PC?:row__523:
                      Because I've haxored 64 player maps with botzors and been fine. I don't think its a "machine" problem, a "server" problem, or strictly a "connection" problem. It may very well be a combination of the three (though I am ruling out my machine, atm, since the client plays fine). Today's games are just sending so much freaking information from the client to the server, the server is figuring crap out, server is sending so much info back to clients. Multilayer doom[2] never gave me these kinds of issues :madsmile:
                      USAR

Comment

Something impressive... very impressive.. will be needed to follow Natural Selection.

If nothing sufficient becomes available, I'll be very disappointed.
                        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

http://www.war-front.com/index.php?page=1

Anyone mention this yet?
                          USAR

Comment

I'm looking hard at Savage2... This FieldOps game doesn't look very impressive.
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Wait a min. This looks more like an RTS where you can actually take first person control of units. Doesn't seem to be MP at all.
                              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X