Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMORPG Shadowbane goes free

http://chronicle.ubi.com/newspost.php?id=15088

While the title says it all, I was wondering if any of the gang here have any experience in this game? Is it even worth playing at free?

RW
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: MMORPG Shadowbane goes free

I played it in the early days. The PvP had potential but needed balancing. The PvE was the worst in an MMO ever. You leveled ludicrously fast but the game required massive PvE gold farms if you wanted to maintain a city.

If they added in a way to maintain a city through PvP (pillaging comes to mind) maybe the game is better. I've heard they've made some substantial changes but if it still requires lots of PvE I'd bet the game isn't worth it. I'm waiting for some other people to try it out before I give it a go.

Edit:
    I did a quick skim and they refer to something called a "mine." I'm guessing that means they've created an alternative to manual gold farms. If it gets a decent population it may be worth a try.

Comment

I played it back when it was in beta and I didn't care for it. As Arf said, it was quite boring in PvE, and when I played PvP wasn't allowed yet (it was beta after all).

Now that it's free, I may give it another try. Beta testing is a two edged sword, you get to play the game early, but if you get a bad taste in your mouth, even though it was still beta, you tend to remember that bad taste...

Comment

The PvP in that game is supposed to be amazing. This game came out back when I used to work at EB Games, and I had a few friends there who played it. They always talked about how neat it was to build your own towns and whatnot, however, it didn't hold their interest for more than a month because they were also playing FFXI at the same time. In fact, the game wasn't even sold for more than a few months because I remember being thoroughly confused that less than 6 months after its retail release, all copies of Shadowbane were pulled from all the store shelves.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X