Star Wars Card Game....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Card Game....

Did anyone play this game back in the day? It came out in 1995 and was discontinued I beleive in 2002.

I dug my old cards out because I thought it'd be cool to teach my 7 year old nephew how to play. But as I was going through them I found that I'm missing a lot of cards. Especially my rare ones. I sold them years ago to fix a car I used to own. I've always regretted it. So, I was bitten again. On a hunt to start collecting these things again. And maybe start playing again.

Problem is, they are hard to find used. And impossible to find new.

I was lucky last week though. A guy on another forum I belong to have a few starter decks unopened. He sent them to me. I wasn't going to open them. But ended up too excited and wanted to see what he had sent me.

I got a couple of cards that were almost impossible to find back in 200 when the Death Star II series came out.

[volun][drill]
    I'm cannon fodder.

Re: Star Wars Card Game....

I have like, every card ever up through Death Star II, and then a bunch from Tatooine or whatever the first Episode I set was. I played that game so much...

And the starter decks usually don't have very rare cards man :D

Comment

kinda off subject but... here it goes.

I dl'd the demo for Star Wars Empire at War| http://www.download.com/Star-Wars-Em...-10492455.html |... pretty sweet game. If you havnt yet i suggest giving it a try!!

btw.. those avatars and sigs kick a$$! Love that origional blue face shield.
      Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
        I have like, every card ever up through Death Star II, and then a bunch from Tatooine or whatever the first Episode I set was. I played that game so much...

And the starter decks usually don't have very rare cards man :D
        I know, thats why it was like Christmas. When I first started to play this game the very first starter deck I bought had Darth Vader and the Death Star in it. The next starter pack I bought had C3PO and R2d2. The third one after that had Luke and Leia. Then after that I had gotten Han, Chewie, then I got Captain Solo and Hoth Luke, then I had Lando and ObiWan. But unfortunately, Those were the cards I sold when I needed to fix my Pontiac, I was 17 then and have always regretted it.

The cards I got today in the two DSII sets I bought were:

- Admiral Piett (Exclusive Rare)
        - Tempest Scout 3 (Rare)
        - Tempest 1 (Rare)
        - General Solo (Rare)
        - Chewbacca of Kashyyk (Rare)
        - Admiral Ackbar (Exclusive Rare) (I had also heard that Ackbar was one of the hardest ones to find next to the Emporer.

I used to play this game everyday. I'd like to start playing it again but can't remember how to and wouldn't know how to build a deck. I've still got some really good cards too.

I'd still like to get ahold of the cards I sold.

[volun][drill]
        I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

I still have tons of those from back in the day. Unfortunately, no one I knew played back then, so I mostly just collected them. A year or two ago (hell, probably more than that) the local hobby shop was selling grab bags with a few hundred cards for, like, $4. I bought a bunch for **** and giggles, and they actually had a bunch of rare cards I was missing. My inner nerd was especially happy to get Thrawn.

Edit: I just went and checked my cards, and noticed I have those exact DSII decks you mentioned, still in the boxes (well, they're opened, but still stored in the boxes).

Comment

I wish these cards were easier to find now. I looked on Ebay and the descriptions are quite vague.

[volun][drill]
            I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Yeah I think by now most of the cards are with people who want to keep them, not sell them. I know that I'm probably never parting with mine.

Comment

I'm not selling any of mine. But I do feel like there is a hole in my collection from the ones I sold years ago when I was stupid.

[volun][drill]
                I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

I've got a few rares including: R2D2, Luke, Anakin's Saber, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, and a few others. I'd sell them all fairly cheap if anyone was interested.

Comment

oh that card game was SUCH a letdown...

i remember starting it, and it took me a week to fully understand how the game was played...

cool idea, but the turnout was not even close to what the hype made it

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                      I've got a few rares including: R2D2, Luke, Anakin's Saber, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, and a few others. I'd sell them all fairly cheap if anyone was interested.
                      I'm interested. Look for a PM from me.

Radical,
                      While I do agree, the rules were hard to follow then with each new expansion their were new rules it made the learning curve quite steep. However, on the first page of every rule book it stated that the rules were more of a guidline and that they were up to the players to determine. In fact they used the line, "Rules are afterall, made to be broken." so Decipher took into account that it was just a game and players were free to make up their own rules. I don't believe I ever played the game once using the full set of rules laid down by Decipher. Heck I even went to tourneys and they didn't even use all of the rules laid out by Decipher. The only ones that stuck mainly were the Force, Lost and Used piles of cards. Everything else was up for interpretation. Before we played each game we'd lay down rules that we made up and then we'd play.

The only rule book I have now is the 1998 Rev 2.0 book. I ignore all the other rule books.

[volun][drill]
                      I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

oh you have no idea how many rules me and my friends 'made-up' for that game, lol

Comment

I have the original trading cards from the early 80's still laying around here somwhere....

Comment

Originally posted by radicaldreamer
                            oh you have no idea how many rules me and my friends 'made-up' for that game, lol
                            I can imagine. Cause we changed a lot of rules ourselves.

[volun][drill]
                            I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

I never changed any of the rules :(

Mostly because I played in lots of tournaments. If you change the rules there, people frown upon it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X