Need for Speed: Most Wanted Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need for Speed: Most Wanted Review

Didn't have access to the review page to post, so I figured I'd post it here, and if anyone is interested, they'll see it eventually.

The beginning process:

Buying the game - You get the courage up to spend the fourty bucks and purchase this awesome looking racing game. You leave the store knowing you will enjoy your purchase.

Installing the game - I bought the CDROM version of this, not sure if there is a DVD version. I'm on disk three of the install process now and at 63%. The first 25% was kind've slow and a rather long wait, but for a very good looking game, I didn't mind too much. After disk two, it speeds up quite a bit... went from 25% to 63% in less than 2 minutes where the first 25% took about 15 minutes. I'm isntalling it in a CDBurn+DVDRead drive, so it should be a bit faster than it has been. Maybe your's will go faster.

The first few glances - Upon reading through the manual while the install goes by, I noticed that there wasn't much to look at in the book. Besides the regular explination of the gaming controls and etc, it was pretty blank.

The Beginning - Stunning. Absolutely stunning. The backdrops and facial expressions will blow your mind with their detail. The body movements and detail will fascinate you. Your breath will not only be taken away, but you will feel as if you need a cold shower after the first few minutes of the game.

I don't feel I need to go very much farther. If you are a racing gamer at all, you will know within the first few minutes of the actual game that you're hooked. Period. If you want realism in a game, there are none better. Go ahead, hit the 18-wheeler in front of you to throw off his steering and block the 4 police cars chasing you. It'll work, damn it.

Definately try it if you like racing games. Definately tell me what you think.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted Review

I sold it a week or so ago when I had it on 360. Realism is like nonexistant Mom wtf =/

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
      I sold it a week or so ago when I had it on 360. Realism is like nonexistant Mom wtf =/
      Ok, yeah, not a great start to a review, but then, he didn't ask Magnum or I for help.

HOWEVER, that's 5 paragraphs more than I've seen from you. Let's see what you can do Mr. Critic! :icon19:

Comment

Actually I could do alot. I've completed the game 5 times, used and modified every car, in every imagineable way, and done just about everything possible.

But who here, at a tactical/realism based community forum, cares about NEED FOR SPEED of all RACING GAMES?

Comment

i probably wont base my purchase on this review, nice to know you enjoy it tho

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

The damage modeling is absolutely fantastic! It's too bad it doesn't actually affect the performance of your car. For a while, I thought the heat meter was my damage meter. Then I realized it tracks how much the cops hate you.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I wish I could enjoy NFS games like I did the first three of them and the Porsche edition of course. Unfortunately, NFS does not exist for me since they converted it into a console game without a dashboard camera.

Comment

Originally posted by John CANavar
                I wish I could enjoy NFS games like I did the first three of them and the Porsche edition of course. Unfortunately, NFS does not exist for me since they converted it into a console game without a dashboard camera.
                The Porsche edition is great, might have to break it out tonight. The dashboard camera ruined it for me too, they have to add the back in. At least some of the new racing games being released have the in dashboard cam.

Comment

If there's one view I can't stand, it's the behind-the-car views from Burnout and such. Not only is it hard to see but it's.. bad.

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                    If there's one view I can't stand, it's the behind-the-car views from Burnout and such. Not only is it hard to see but it's.. bad.
                    it works well on burnout i find, but in any other racer that requires some real driving skill i find the c3rd person cam a real pain , and the bumper cam offers me no salvation.

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

That's another reason I hate Burnout specifically. All the cars handle exactly the same except the ones made for crashing, which all handle the same as one another. The only skill is seeing who's worse at drifting- they'll win, because they'll glide along more walls. At 209mph.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X