Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triumph Motor Cycles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Triumph Motor Cycles

    Anyone own or have previously owned a Triumph motor cycle? I am thinking about getting a street bike and I really like the looks and the heritage of Triumph bikes. I am looking at a speed four or a speed three. Anyone have any experiences with these bikes. As a bonus the color matches my SUV which happens to be made in the UK to, I'm just great for their economy. :row__523:


    Last edited by Turbo; 03-23-2006, 10:44 PM.

  • #2
    Re: Triumph Motor Cycles

    It's got the streetfighter look, thats for sure. British personality.

    I've always owned jap sport bikes... can't help ya here.. sorry. But I think it's a cool and unique look.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Triumph Motor Cycles

      I had a Speed Triple to run around town with ( I always raced Suzuki's and Yamaha's ).
      The speed triple doesn't have an extreme amount of power but very nice to ride ....
      |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

      " Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "




      [combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
      [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Triumph Motor Cycles

        Originally posted by Gixxer_USMC
        I had a Speed Triple to run around town with ( I always raced Suzuki's and Yamaha's ).
        The speed triple doesn't have an extreme amount of power but very nice to ride ....
        The speed four has a smaller engine then they speed three.
        The four runs a 600cc, which they stopped making this year. I was told they will have a 675cc naked bike coming soon since that is their new Daytona bike which got rave reviews.

        The three runs a 1050cc, which they still produce.

        I was thinking of picking up the 600cc because it would be my first street bike.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Triumph Motor Cycles

          Originally posted by Turbo
          The speed four has a smaller engine then they speed three.
          The four runs a 600cc, which they stopped making this year. I was told they will have a 675cc naked bike coming soon since that is their new Daytona bike which got rave reviews.

          The three runs a 1050cc, which they still produce.

          I was thinking of picking up the 600cc because it would be my first street bike.
          It is a 1050cc displacement but it has three cylinders vs an in-line four. Though it still puts out around 120 hp ( My R6 racebike 600cc's put out 115 hp my R1 put out 165 hp )

          I also didn't realize that this would be your first bike .... the 600cc will be MORE than enough for you .. and you'll have loads of fun ... as long as you keep your head on your shoulders and don't start thinking you're on the racetrack ....

          Keep us up to speed as to what you decide
          |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

          " Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "




          [combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
          [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Triumph Motor Cycles

            Originally posted by Gixxer_USMC
            Keep us up to speed as to what you decide
            Will do, I have to rework some things before I go searching for one. My buddy is giving me an old GSXR so I may just ride that till they come out with the new 675 model.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Triumph Motor Cycles

              What year GSXR ?
              I use to race a 1999 GSX-R600 ( from where I got the name " GIXXER " ) :D
              |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

              " Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "




              [combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
              [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Triumph Motor Cycles

                Originally posted by Gixxer_USMC
                What year GSXR ?
                I use to race a 1999 GSX-R600 ( from where I got the name " GIXXER " ) :D
                I've had 2 2003 cbr 600 RR's.

                First one got stolen, second one I got cut off by a drunk driver and had to lay the bike down at 80mph.

                It was like a 200 meter slip and slide without the water. Oh well, scars are just tattoos with better stories.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Triumph Motor Cycles

                  Originally posted by Gixxer_USMC
                  What year GSXR ?
                  I think it is a 87 but I am getting it for free so I cant complain. I just have to fix a few things.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Triumph Motor Cycles

                    Originally posted by Bhack
                    I've had 2 2003 cbr 600 RR's.

                    First one got stolen, second one I got cut off by a drunk driver and had to lay the bike down at 80mph.

                    It was like a 200 meter slip and slide without the water. Oh well, scars are just tattoos with better stories.

                    Yeah ... I crashed during a race ... bumped into a LAP RIDER as I tried to get passed him at around 110mph and slide around 100 yards, through the grass, up an embankment and hit a ARMCO BARRIER and broke my collarbone ....

                    It's funny how far you can slide on asphalt ... lol

                    TURBO .... I had an 1987 GSX-R600 .. it was Red and White ... they are fun bikes to ride .... and when it's for free ... heck .. can't beat that !
                    |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

                    " Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "




                    [combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
                    [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Triumph Motor Cycles

                      Originally posted by Gixxer_USMC
                      Yeah ... I crashed during a race ... bumped into a LAP RIDER as I tried to get passed him at around 110mph and slide around 100 yards, through the grass, up an embankment and hit a ARMCO BARRIER and broke my collarbone ....

                      It's funny how far you can slide on asphalt ... lol
                      Man, I'm amazed everytime I see a crash in a motorcycle race. Watching these guys slide at 70mph, get up and back on their bike simply astounds me...
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Triumph Motor Cycles

                        Me on my 2003 Yamaha R6 ...

                        |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

                        " Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "




                        [combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
                        [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Triumph Motor Cycles

                          Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          Man, I'm amazed everytime I see a crash in a motorcycle race. Watching these guys slide at 70mph, get up and back on their bike simply astounds me...

                          Good equipmemnt is EVERYTHING BRO!!! ;)
                          |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

                          " Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "




                          [combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
                          [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Triumph Motor Cycles

                            Originally posted by Bhack
                            I've had 2 2003 cbr 600 RR's.

                            First one got stolen, second one I got cut off by a drunk driver and had to lay the bike down at 80mph.

                            It was like a 200 meter slip and slide without the water. Oh well, scars are just tattoos with better stories.

                            I got hit by a woman back in 1998 "BROADSIDE".
                            Good thing I swung my leg around to the side or I probably wouldn't have it now ... and that was the last time I rode on the street .....

                            Now I only ride on the track .....
                            |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

                            " Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "




                            [combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
                            [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Triumph Motor Cycles

                              me likes the speed triple & Daytona 675 :D

                              I've got a Yamaha FZR-250 and I can't wait until I get off my Learners!

                              http//users.on.net/~no457_squog/front.jpg

                              http//users.on.net/~no457_squog/side.jpg

                              you'll need to add colons to the addresses to get them to work...

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X