Does anyone play RISK?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone play RISK?

Does anyone remember the old RISK board game? Does anyone play the PC version? How about online?

I've heard a few people mention they used to play the game and loved it. Is anyone interested in trying to get some TG RISK games going?
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Does anyone play RISK?

i have risk II that i have played a couple times online
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I never understood the appeal of Risk. The dice based battles killed it for me.
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Risk is for children.

Axis & Allies forever!
        Dirt013

Comment

Loved it in my youth, but I have never played online. Is it free?

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Risk is the only board game that I've held on to since college. I used to play that with my roomates all the time. The battles were epic, 3 hour matches. There's got to be some free online Risk version or variant. If we find one I'm definitely in for some TG games. :)
            Beatnik

Comment

A long long time ago there was a html forms based multi-player risk game. This was like 97 or something. Seriously doubt it still exists but it was fun.
              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt013
                Risk is for children.

Axis & Allies forever!
                Love that game too. I've got Risk, Castle Risk, Stratego and Axis & Allies in my closet still.
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik
                  Risk is the only board game that I've held on to since college. I used to play that with my roomates all the time. The battles were epic, 3 hour matches. There's got to be some free online Risk version or variant. If we find one I'm definitely in for some TG games. :)
                  Pansy :p. I once had a one-on-one with a friend that lasted a full 3 days of our summer :D. I don't have the game but if i could get it i'd be up for a game or two.

---

Comment

wierd - i just started playing risk again... pretty fun

Comment

Original risk is like playing in pub servers, while the specialty risks (LOTR, 2210, and Godstorm) are like playing games on our servers. I hate how you just roll back and forth across the map in Risk, while the specialty risks involve a lot more strategy. Axis and Allies along with Diplomacy, are my favorites, but it's hard to find a free 8 hours or so :) Axis and Allies: Iron Blitz is a pretty solid computer game.

Not really related, but the new Battle for Middle Earth II has a War of the Rings mode, very similar to Risk. You can play this online, and it usually only lasts a few hours. Pretty fun.

Comment

This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer is trying to cheat in a game of Risk.

Comment

Any one play Clone Wars Risk?
                          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                            Love that game too. I've got Risk, Castle Risk, Stratego and Axis & Allies in my closet still.
                            Stratego...man we're old.
                            Dirt013

Comment

Maybe we need to get a board game group going.... where we play the online versions of games like stratego, risk, axis & allies, etc.
                              |TG-12th| asch
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...