New game from makers of Far Cry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New game from makers of Far Cry

Crytek, the makers of Far Cry, have shown a demo movie at the GDC for their new game, Crysis. I dunno if any of y'all liked Far Cry, but I remember being amazed at some of the graphical innovations the game had and really enjoyed the single player game (didn't play multi). Well Crysis looks like it may try to push the envelope all over again. The preview article on Gamespot is interesting (talks about a couple of mistakes that Crytek learned from Far Cry) but I highly recommend taking a peek at the vid for the jungle scenes if nothing else. The soft shadow and diffuse light effects are very impressive. Only drawback is that it's a recording of the showing at GDC so the quality is a little lacking. I'm still looking for a copy of the actual video but don't know if one has been released yet. There's also an earlier tech demo vid that you can find on sites like File Front that shows off some of the new effects in better detail. I only hope that by the time the game comes out that I have enough cash to update my system to the point where I can take advantage of some of these innovations because it looks like it will need some real horsepower.

Gamespot preview article with link to video stream on the right (labeled 'Crysis Gameplay Movie 1')

Tech Demo movie @ File Front 37MB
    Never rub another man's rhubarb!

Re: New game from makers of Far Cry

God I wish Vista wasn't pushed back.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

New game from makers of Far Cry

Hmmm, toasty :)

Tech demo of Crytek's next game Crysis presented at GDC (Game Developers Conference). The best quality version of the movie is at Game Trailers

Hope to see this engine used in a tactical shooter, I dont have much interest in Crysis and its alien invasion theme.

Comment

Originally posted by John CANavar
        Hmmm, toasty :)

Tech demo of Crytek's next game Crysis presented at GDC (Game Developers Conference). The best quality version of the movie is at Game Trailers

Hope to see this engine used in a tactical shooter, I dont have much interest in Crysis and its alien invasion theme.
        Dead kitten. Threads merged.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Farcry was the best single player game i ever played, even better than HL and HL2 imo. You could attack bases with guns a blazin, or sneak in and kill one at a time and stealthy complete your objectives. On top of that, it was extremely long. I remember when i got about half way through i thought i was finished, so i looked online to see how many maps there were and couldnt believe how much farther i had to go.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Santa
            Farcry was the best single player game i ever played, even better than HL and HL2 imo. You could attack bases with guns a blazin, or sneak in and kill one at a time and stealthy complete your objectives. On top of that, it was extremely long. I remember when i got about half way through i thought i was finished, so i looked online to see how many maps there were and couldnt believe how much farther i had to go.
            Hmmm, once the novelty of the graphics and physics wore off, I found it to be very un-immersive.

Unlike HL2...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

^^^The Trigens or w/e they were called killed it for me.
              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

The first 1/4 of the game was magnificent. I would play some of those levels over and over again, because you could approach the objectives many different ways. Once the weird Trigen crap started, it wasn't as much fun, except for that nightvision level where you infiltrate the facility.

Comment

Yeah, if you read the Gamespot article that Heph linked in the first post, they talk about how they realize that the first part of Far Cry was pretty good but once the Trigens showed up it just turned into another FPS. So hopefully now that they've acknowledged it they can fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                    ^^^The Trigens or w/e they were called killed it for me.
                    agreed. I stopped playing when i saw the first damn super monkey.

---

Comment

That video is hot. I love the jungle part.
                      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Re: New game (Crysis) from makers of Far Cry

NEW in-game Crysis footage. (14 min video)
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

That's a really sweet video. Shakycam or no shakycam, it's awesome :D

Comment

Can you imagine that engine in BF2. The damage you could do in say Karkand.
                            Last edited by Bubba; 06-17-2006, 11:03 PM.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Imagine needing a killer computer to run that game at optimal play.
                              XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X