This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reputation System

Yes, the system is undergoing an overhaul...

I made some MAJOR changes this morning based on single user ID's being repeated over and over and over again in both cyclic patterns and the way it was referencing content. Some people just decided to push the boundaries of what was acceptable. They manipulated the ENTIRE system to reflect their personal view of an individual rather than allowing the community to do that.

You may be seeing the end of the rep system, either that or a MAJOR overhaul in the way it can be utilized. There were only 4 ID's (I didn't look up names, I only used user ID #'s) that were nullified, but it did have a profound effect on some users rep. But it stands to reason that one person should not have the ability to enact that much of a shift in any other person. Hence the reason it is being revamped.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Reputation System

Yes, the Reputation system has been deactivated. It may come back after a reset and a bit of tweaking, but this is also giving me the incentive to implent a new system that i've been wanting to get functional for a while. A system that provides recognition of the contributions the members make to the community while at the same time not open to manipulation or competition to be the one with the most "bubbles".

The reputation system was supposed to entice members to be positive contributors to the Tactical Gamer community, not just get the most bubbles. It was not functioning very well for its intended purpose and needs either an overhaul or a replacement.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

The MINI website I subscribe to used to have a Rep system too.

For the same reasons as Apophis has stated, it was binned over a year ago. The site has not suffered because of it either ....

You would have had a +Rep there Apophis!

Comment

couldn't you just make each +rep just be reppee.rep++? instead of (reppee.rep += repper.rep/10) or whatever it is... was...

Comment

Good decision, I support it.

Comment

But, but... how will I know the relative worth of a post without the magic green bubbles to tell me!?
            In game handle: Steel Scion
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler
              But, but... how will I know the relative worth of a post without the magic green bubbles to tell me!?
              :)
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I hope you're able to implement a system that works better Apo. Bubbles or no bubbles, I really appreciated the ability to get & give private comments directly related to a post. An example for me was the video AAR I did recently, where a couple people said it was fun and I should do it again. It's nice to get the feedback, and makes people want to contribute even more.

Comment

I admit I've looked like a rep hog the last few days....LOL

Comment

I liked it for the same reason as bootstrap, but if it was being abused, I'm all for getting rid of it.
                    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

I am disappointed. :(

I found rep very useful as an indication to myself about whether people appreciated the things I did and the posts I made.

For those who repped me between last night and this morning, thank you. I noticed before the rep system was ripped down. It is good to know that my many hours of work are appreciated.
                      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

After he nullified those 4 ids my rep was cut in half, that's crazy. But i do like the idea of still being able to give little messages for peoples posts without inflating my already blotted post count
                        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                          I am disappointed. :(

I found rep very useful as an indication to myself about whether people appreciated the things I did and the posts I made.
                          I think it was a good move but I agree with Icky. For me it was an indication of how well I was contributing to the community. I hope that a new and better system is implemented. The future will tell.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                            After he nullified those 4 ids my rep was cut in half, that's crazy. But i do like the idea of still being able to give little messages for peoples posts without inflating my already blotted post count
                            Interesting. Did you ever notice anyone giving you rep repeatedly for no particular reason?

For all its flaws, like most others have stated here, I enjoyed the rep system. The feedback that came from individual posts was quite valuable to me on more than one occasion.

What about resetting it and just not displaying the green bubbles?
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

MAN I CAN'T BELEIVE IT! I WAS A JEWEL IN THE ROUGHT MAN, A JEWEL IN THE ROUGH!!!!!!!! NOW I'M NOTHING!

I liked the system. It provided good feedback regarding what kind of posts the community likes. It also gave weight to certain member's posts. And why the heck would you abuse the feedback system? For what?

Oh well. I can live w/o it, but it was kind of cool.
                              Only the dead have seen the end of war.
                              -Plato

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...