X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And another one bites the dust.....

Starcraft Ghost that is

Originally posted by www.megagames.com
    Blizzard has put StarCraft Ghost out of its misery by announcing that the project has been indefinitely postponed in order to examine the potential of a next-generation version of the game.

The news is really the natural conclusion for a game that has been through all sorts of problems during its development. These problems have led to constant delays which have placed the game right in the middle of the next-generation onslaught. Considering that the developer could most probably not meet any realistic release time line for the current generation of consoles, the statement follows a predictable course and mentions the possibility of a next-gen appearance at some point.

Blizzard President and co-founder Mike Morhaime claims that the company has been impressed with the potential of X360 and PS3 and the current technological advances they support and has decided to review the future of StarCraft: Ghost. In addition to allowing us to determine the best course for StarCraft: Ghost, this review period will help us lay the groundwork for our future console games, he added.

Considering that Blizzard has stuck with StarCraft: Ghost through delays, the game was announced in 2002, changes of developer, Swingin' Ape Studios (now owned by Blizzard) took over from Nihilistic Software in July 2004, and fan anger, expressed at various Blizzcons, we have to admit that the appearance of some StarCraft title on consoles will eventually happen. It just now seems that it will take much longer than we had initially expected.
    They have been working on this thing forever, am i right? Seems a few games now a games are going to the console instead of the better gameing machine, PC.

What we need now is Google to create its own super Gaming PC, then we will see who dominates gaming
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: And another one bites the dust.....

My goodness. That project has got to be roughly five years old.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Yeah after i posted it and actually read the thing, it says it was announced in 2002...yikes. Thats like M$ saying we are gonna create a new OS, but not sure when if ever it would be released
      -Vulcan

Comment

^^^^^^Still can't touch DNF and TF2.
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
          ^^^^^^Still can't touch DNF and TF2.
          Except that the StarCraft franchise actually interests me...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Duke Nukem 3d and TFC are 2 of the greatest first person shooters ever, man!

But yeah, SC:Ghost wasn't actually developed by Blizzard:

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
              Duke Nukem 3d and TFC are 2 of the greatest first person shooters ever, man!
              Team Fortress was cool, but it was quickly surpassed by better mods. Duke Nukem was just another lame shooter...

I find it interesting that you like Duke Nukem, as it was released when you were two years old!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

I like Wizard of Oz. How interesting is that? :)

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                  I like Wizard of Oz. How interesting is that? :)
                  Touche.

But it's definitely a different type of media. It's been my experience that people that havn't played video games when they were cutting edge rarely see the nostalgia in later years. I'm not sure if that's a comment on the medium, a comment on people or, most likely, a comment on both.

FWIW, my little sister watched Wizard of Oz every single day after school for almost a year. I hate that film.
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

It's the monkies, isn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                      It's the monkies, isn't it.
                      Hell, yes, it is!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I think those that have grown up in PC gaming remember the greats like Wolf3d or Doom/Doom2. We can appreciate the history and how far its come. I have Doom around here somewhere, i should load it up and go for it
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Heh...reminds me of the debacle that was Daikatana several years back. Except that Ion Storm actually put the game out to disastrous results.
                          Never rub another man's rhubarb!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                            Team Fortress was cool, but it was quickly surpassed by better mods. Duke Nukem was just another lame shooter...

I find it interesting that you like Duke Nukem, as it was released when you were two years old!
                            I didn't actually play it until I was older, of course.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X