Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoW is killing PC gaming?

http://bigkid.com.au/2006/02/20/the-...mey/#more-4483

Reckon I shoulda posted in the WoW forum since many of them don't venture out of their little hole, especially now that it has fresh wallpaper. But, for those that do venture out, have you noticed that you've bought less games since WoW came out as compared to before? I wonder if WoW has really had that large of an impact on the gaming industry. Or MMO's in general, for that matter..?

The link was posted on Digg, so some more comments are here
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Re: WoW is killing PC gaming?

Actually, since I've bought WoW, I've also bought all 3 Prince of Persia's, Fable, Black and White 2, City of Villains, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Darwinia, RF Online, X-Men Legends 2, and quite a few Games for my recently purchased Nintendo DS, plus a few PS2 here and there.

Thats all I can remember off the top of my head.

Oh yea and Everquest 2, Planetside, and Star Wars Galaxies, but they're hardly worth mentioning.
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

The game stores in one of my local malls (I have 3 - it's NJ :)) no longer sell PC games. At all. I looked at the guy like he was crazy, and he looked at me like I was a loser for not owning an XBox. I chalk that up to PC sales moving online, though, not to reduced sales. What with all these damn downloader programs - STEAM, EA, Stardock. I hate having to install a system process for each company that I buy games from.
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

I think marriage is the real factor in destroying the gaming industry. If I weren't married I'd play 40 hours per week of BF2 on TG AND be the top ranked overall player in BF2, as well as play 37 hours a week of WoW with some Red Orchestra on the side. Oh, and I'd watch more TV and get out to the range shooting more often.

But hey, that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
          But hey, that's just me.
          No, I don't think so...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

don't forget children and what a speedbump they can be. Sheesh if it weren't for wives and children...

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
              don't forget children and what a speedbump they can be. Sheesh if it weren't for wives and children...

That's all inclusive...if I didn't have the wife, I wouldn't have the two kids :p

Comment

Originally posted by perry
                http://bigkid.com.au/2006/02/20/the-...mey/#more-4483

Reckon I shoulda posted in the WoW forum since many of them don't venture out of their little hole, especially now that it has fresh wallpaper. But, for those that do venture out, have you noticed that you've bought less games since WoW came out as compared to before? I wonder if WoW has really had that large of an impact on the gaming industry. Or MMO's in general, for that matter..?

The link was posted on Digg, so some more comments are here
                I bought RO, and the SWAT4 expansion, since buying WoW, but that is it. Even now, I am debating whether Oblivion is worth the expense, since I don't have time to play the games I already have.

And increasingly, do to marriage, fitness, and general time constraints, I have less and less time to game in general.

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
                  I think marriage is the real factor in destroying the gaming industry.
                  But hey, that's just me.

No--it's not just you...as someone else has said...
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

For those of us with addictive tendencies...

Since WoW entered my life...
                    1. No TV (wasn't that interesting to start with, but now...?)
                    2. No books unless I'm really "unplugged" like on a weekend trip
                    3. Weekend chores are even LOWER priority (if that's possible)
                    4. No other games (what, and take time away from WoW???!!!:row__628: )
                    5. Work is a pain...keeps me away from WoW!
                    6. My TG guildmates are more current on my doings than my adult children!

Sad but true. Nevertheless, we'd love to have you join us and experience the madness first hand.
                    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by beep
                      Sad but true. Nevertheless, we'd love to have you join us and experience the madness first hand.
                      I don't think so beep.......divorce would be too expensive ;)

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
                        I don't think so beep.......divorce would be too expensive ;)
                        Hehe...so, have your spouse start a character before you do...make sure you have two accounts and two computers, tho!
                        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

And pass on epix she can use!
                          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Im going to say the only real thing thats the killer here is their social lives.........OH SNAP!

and yeah my wife knew what she ws getting into, her words " I thought it would change and you would spend less time on it"....i just gave her a wierd look...as someone said sitting around watching TV just is not any good anymore...
                            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                            -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by leejo

RGR!! I can't imagine the time I would put into gaming, etc if it were not for my wife, and kids. Thank God I have a wife, and kids! :)

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X