• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DARPA Grand Challenge

This is absolutly amazing.

http://www.grandchallenge.org/

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/darpa/

*EDIT Also pretty amazing is that I searched for DARPA in these forums and got 0 results.
    Last edited by El_Gringo_Grande; 03-28-2006, 11:07 PM.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: DARPA Grand Challenge

Oh cool, I remember watching a show about this a year or two ago and wondering how long it'd take for someone to win. I'll have to watch it online on Wednesday.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

Yeah, Popular Science had a good amount of articles about the Grand Challenge a few months back. Interesting stuff.

Comment

What I find most amazing is that a first year entry won and with a fairly stock vehical. Just some computer controlled actuators added by volkswagon.

Slap some laser range finders, a video camera and some very sophisticated software and you got your self a personal driver.

I can't waite till my Dodge has this so I can play some games on my commute.
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X