The Unit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unit

Any one watching this show? I think its supposed to compete with the 24. In my opinion I think its better then 24. Great story lines, great actors

The story behind the show is "The Unit" is a special top secret best of the best unit that was created back in the 60's, answers only to the president..you know that whole addage. Ive seen the first 3 episodes and really like the show, anyone else watching?

CBS tuesdays at 8
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: The Unit

I have been watching since it started and Im loving it. The action is very real seeming and definatly not all over the top. Very Good Show. Especially the live-fire in-doors training o.O
    Dizlor

Comment

I have seen the episodes up to this week. I DVR it and just haven't had a chance to watch last night's episode yet.

Excellent show, it's on my "Always Record" list.

Comment

Hate to dissent, but I saw the last 20 minutes of it last night. It was pretty cheesy. The dialogue was very forced and the action scenes were about as realistic as Walker, Texas Ranger. The scene with the wives deciding to buy real estate?
        "Our husbands take risks every day, I think that it's time that we stepped up and took some of our own for America!"

The Master Sergeant that also does Allstate commercials? Excellent voice. I can't wait to see him on a decent show. I think he's got potential...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Well its supposed to be about all walks of life for this unit and how they mix with family and the life of being uber leet
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Adding to my Tivo tonight, thanks!
            It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

I liked some of it, but the combat sequence at the end looked really cheesy for some reason. It kind of disappointed me. Ill give it another shot next week.

Comment

I saw the first episode in detail, when Ex-Palmer(still stuck on 24 :x) went into the terrorist-with-huge-guns loaded airplane, wearing business casual and a pistol. Seemed fairly cheesy.
                |TG| aschmack

Comment

I've been watching it since it started... except for episode 3.
                  I score it over the network from my dad's TiVo.
                  He still uses VCR too - gave me the tape of episode 3 - wasn't on the tape. GRRRR
                  I officially banned VCR tapes from my system today (sorta).

Great show so far.
                  The wife real estate thing was kinda ghey but it coulda been worse.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

There are definately some cheesy points, but it is on CBS, so what do you expect? Altogether, i enjoy the show, and David Mamet (the creator/screenwriter) is one of the greatest american screenwriters ever. Can't argue with Glengary Glen Ross, Untouchables, Ronin, Spartan, and many others.

Comment

Originally posted by boudreux
                      There are definately some cheesy points, but it is on CBS, so what do you expect? Altogether, i enjoy the show, and David Mamet (the creator/screenwriter) is one of the greatest american screenwriters ever. Can't argue with Glengary Glen Ross, Untouchables, Ronin, Spartan, and many others.
                      Why does he stink so much this time, then? You must admit that the show is just one big stereotypical cliche. If he could inject a bit of originality into it, it might be decent. The actors are OK, it's the story and dialogue that sucks.

Comment

You are completely right with it being very stereotypical. I am hoping that this is how it is, just to start off. Many shows suck at the beginning, and then mature as the writers get more comfortable with the characters, and write for the story, instead of pleasing corporate or old people in middle america. I enjoy it now, but it's not awesome. Awesome is what i'm hoping for, knowing what Mamet is capable of.

Comment

What did you all think of this week's episode? I really enjoyed the unit side of it, but they were really heavy on the wives side of the story this time. All the small details are what I loved. How "Bob" evaded capture, etc.

Comment

In game handle: Steel Scion
                            sigpic

Comment

WHOA, Not the BIG Unit!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse