Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brother is doing LiveStrongChallenge--Help donate for cancer!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brother is doing LiveStrongChallenge--Help donate for cancer!

My brother is entering a fundraiser for Cancer patients and research for cancer. Its called the LiveStrong Challenge, and its a 70 mile bike race. He needs to raise 500 at least to be allowed to race, but the more the merrier of course. He has a personal page setup for himself to raise funds. Thislink is where you can donate. No pressure to do so, but i figured id give some people here the opportunity to donate if they felt so inclined.

Thanks ahead of time, its a good cause :)

Re: Brother is doing LiveStrongChallenge--Help donate for cancer!

Originally posted by Bommando
    $20 from me to get the ball rolling.
    So what is that, US $14.40, approximately?

Well, it's more than I've contributed. Thanks for the bump, Bom. I had read this when Santa posted and made a mental note to check it out once I arrived home in the morning. Unfortunately, my mental pen appears to write with invisible ink.

I will remember to look into this when I arrive home this morning, and when my GF yells from the next room "You're not reading about that f*ing game, are you?!?!?!" I will have a valid excuse for being on the website...for once...

EDIT: Bom's on the honor roll! I could do the expected and state the obvious "you know, your surname backwards..." but you've had it for 27 (I think) years, so I'm going to assume you're not obtuse. My GF is really into writing elaborate palindromes so it rubs off.

What really surprises me is that PowerBar is a proud sponsor. I hadn't seen those guys around for 10 years or so...

Comment

Here is more information on the event itself. Apparently you can walk, run, or ride and the bike riding can be either 10, 40, 70, or 100 miles. My brother decided to do 70. $500 is the minimum to be allowed to race, but if he reaches 500 (will easily do that, im sure) he can set his goal limit higher and higher.

Anywho, since i know someones going to comment on my last name (lioi), its pronounced lee-oy. Yes, thats right, 3 vowels in a row. Dont butcher it.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Santa
        Dont butcher it.
        You mean, with a KNIFE?!?!?!

Comment

If I had money I'd donate some but I'm not in the best predicament myself right now. Best of luck to you tho

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X