X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Del.icio.us Tagging

Come on guys!

http://del.icio.us/url/a34832a44e09fa7645fe0e94058934fa

That's the absolute best Tactical Gamers can do? Seven people? SEVEN?

*shakes head in bewilderment*

Re: Del.icio.us Tagging

And the wonderful comments about us! "Supposdly excellent BF2 server." My heart skipped a beat; I would not have hoped in a million years to hear such praise lavished upon us.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
      And the wonderful comments about us! "Supposdly excellent BF2 server." My heart skipped a beat; I would not have hoped in a million years to hear such praise lavished upon us.
      LOL. Yeah.

I was looking for something online to handle my 100+ bookmarks, and this is pretty cool. Lots of people are using it, which makes me wonder why only a few Tactical Gamers are. Is there a better service?

Comment

I was first! Wootage.
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

What is this?
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I tried delicious and found the organization of bookmarks to be less than ideal. I haven't found a better bookmarking system that Yahoo with the browser toolbar and bookmarks on my Yahoo homepage.

When I did try out delicious I attempted to add TG to my bookmark list, but using the browser tag button would never save the TG site. Very odd. I eventually gave up on delicious.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
              What is this?
              Since you asked:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delicious

Think of it as an online bookmark collection, shared among 1000000 geeks.

The thing that is really cool about it is that I can see what other people have put in, save those bookmarks, follow a "tag cloud" to other, related sites and interests, etc.

Comment

I just started using del.icio.us a couple weeks ago. I come across so many sites that I think I'll want to remember later, so I decided to try to actually remember them and browser based bookmarks have always felt clunky to me. Get too many in there and it's hard to find stuff, so I'm hoping that this tagging thing makes life easier. Using the Firefox del.icio.us extension makes tagging items really simple but I just need to remember to use it ;) I have http://www.tacticalgamer.com/index.php bookmarked there, so I don't show up as one of the users.
                Battlefield Admin() ()
                [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                | for | |

Comment

Interesting. I've never heard of delicious but it seems like a good idea. I'll check it out more when I get home from work!
                  |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                  [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

I just use firefox to handle all my bookmarks, and site's I goto every 5 mins I put those in the quick links bar up top.

Comment

I don't have many bookmarks and I couldn't possibly use a site like that to manage them since I'm really anal about it too.

Comment

Here is my current tag "cloud"

linux OpenSource business blogs ideas OS news distro blog lifehacks productivity gtd web2.0 design geek technology BSD daily Distribution games gaming innovation marketing slackware software strategy distros free girls graphics KDE livecd organization art blogging branding desktop downloads forum gamedesign magazine manifestos Operating podcast podcasts presentation programming repository reviews rss Systems tools trends Unix web blogger code cool css culture database Debian development economics education Entrepreneur entrepreneurship essays fedora gentoo godin hacks Kawasaki longtail manifesto mba open-source packages podcasting powerpoint search Startup themes tiddlywiki wallpaper webdesign wiki windowmanager wisdom
                        It's sort of like building your own database. At first you go: huh? Then, once you start to use it, you go: that is so cool.

It's a free service, but I think I would actually pay for this.

Comment

Here is Mateo's cloud when sized according to relevance:
                          linux OpenSource business blogs ideas OS news distro blog lifehacks productivity gtd web2.0 design geek technology BSD daily Distribution games gaming innovation marketing slackware software strategy distros free girls graphics KDE livecd organization art blogging branding desktop downloads forum gamedesign magazine manifestos Operating podcast podcasts presentation programming repository reviews rss Systems tools trends Unix web blogger code cool css culture database Debian development economics education Entrepreneur entrepreneurship essays fedora gentoo godin hacks Kawasaki longtail manifesto mba open-source packages podcasting powerpoint search Startup themes tiddlywiki wallpaper webdesign wiki windowmanager wisdom
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                            Here is Mateo's cloud when sized according to relevance:
                            You got that right!:row__631:

Comment

I decided to give del.icio.us another try and with the use of a couple firefox extensions and some excellent AJAX, this is now my bookmarking site of choice.

First off, get the del.icio.us built firefox extension. This allows you to click a button and add a site to your bookmarks along with the tags, description, etc. Very nice.

The second extension to get is del.icio.us complete. This extensions gives you a firefox sidebar where you can select a tag and it will display the list of bookmarks for that tag.

Then, for those of you who want a more feature rich delicious page, check out del.icio.us direc.tor. It's an extremely user friendly way to navigate and manage your bookmarks through the browser.
                              |TG-12th| asch
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...