X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost: Episode 2X18 - " DAVE "

So guys,

Who watched it ???

It may have seemed a little boring but, there was a bit of stuff in there that had meaning.

For the people who haven't seen the 2nd season ... I would advise not to read any further ......
    |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
    [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Re: Lost: Episode 2X18 - " DAVE "

I had read before and heard through a PODCAST that "LIBBY" isn't what we think she is ....
    In the Episode where we are introduced to the "TAILIES " ( the tail-section people ) she tells Anna that she is a " Shrink " but indeed she was in the same Mental Institution as Hurley as we see in this epsiode ... but as a patient .... !!

Also, "HENRY" breaks down and admits that he has " SOME KIND OF RELATIONSHIP " with the "OTHERS".

Also, when he said taht he didn't enter any numbe into the computer and when it ran down to ZERO ... it began to hum like a magnetic type of thing .....

Any other takes on this ????
    |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

Comment

I think Henry's lying just like he has about everything else. Why is a mystery but we've pretty much established that Locke is a sucker and he'll fall for this too.
      I liked Hurley's flashbacks. Although, I kept hearing in my head "Dave's not here." The guy who played Dave was amusing too
      Never rub another man's rhubarb!

Comment

Originally posted by Hephador
        "Dave's not here." The guy who played Dave was amusing too
        lol :icon_lol:

yeah.. didn't take long to figure out the "sixth-sense" twist that dave was fake...

i thought it was another great episode...

Comment

oh.. and it was pretty suspicious henry described the hum as "magnetic sounding".... i mean really - wtf does magnetic sound like?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
            oh.. and it was pretty suspicious henry described the hum as "magnetic sounding".... i mean really - wtf does magnetic sound like?
            I missed that. And Henry never saw the film, that we know of, did he?

And there was the other "hatch" that was trashed. I would still like to know more about that.

*Edit

And the fact that he said the Bearded guy (assumed leader of the others) was nobody or nothing. Are the other beholden to that black wisp monster thing?
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande
              I missed that. And Henry never saw the film, that we know of, did he?

And there was the other "hatch" that was trashed. I would still like to know more about that.

*Edit

And the fact that he said the Bearded guy (assumed leader of the others) was nobody or nothing. Are the other beholden to that black wisp monster thing?

Remember, Henry never mentioned the "BEARDED MAN " .. Sayid did ....

The coversation went something like this :

Sayid: " And what about the bearded man "

Henry : " He is nothing compared to "HIM" "

Henry is mysterious ... that is for sure .... he keeps getting caught in his stories like when He told the story that he found the real Henry Gale hanging in the tree with his neck broken and Sayid read the note the REAL Henry wrote on the $20 bill after he had crashed his balloon.....

It has been said by the producers that we WILL find out what brought Oceanic Flight 815 down this season.

Also the phrase " See you in another life " came up again last night ... before "DAVE" jumped off the cliff.

We have heard this several times before ... BUT, the theory of " The LOSTIES being in Purgatory " has been DISCREDITED by the producers.

Henry said something that I feel had more meaning to it than we think .... :

When talking to Locke .... "God doesn't know how long we've been here John. He can't see this island any better than the rest of the world can"

Any better than the REST of the world can ... could it be because the Island is " Off the Map "

..... more later :D
              |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer_USMC

It has been said by the producers that we WILL find out what brought Oceanic Flight 815 down this season.
                lol... well... we may see the physical catalyst of the crash (bird in engine, lighting strike, polar bear breaks out of luggage compartment, etc), but with a few more seasons to go, I'm not counting on them revealing any of the background to it...

like WHY or HOW birds were at 40,000ft or whatever it turns out to be... ya know? they never really answer the core questions... It's like they slowly reveal symptoms of an illness but never give away the underlying cause of the symptoms.

Comment

Well, Next week is new and then :

Wednesday, April 26 -- 9:00-10:01
                  "Lost: Reckoning" An hour-long special
                  CONFIRMED -- SPECIAL

Wednesday, May 3 -- 9:00
                  "Two for the Road" --Episode 2.20 --ANA LUCIA--
                  TENTATIVE -- POST PRODUCTION

Wednesday, May 10 -- 9:00
                  "?" --Episode 2.21 --EKO-- ---ASSORTED SPOILERS and INFO: Will feature Charlotte, an Australian that suffers a near-death experience.---
                  TENTATIVE -- FILMING

Wednesday, May 17 -- 9:00
                  "Three Minutes" --Episode 2.22 --MICHAEL-- ---ASSORTED SPOILERS and INFO: Will feature Mrs. Klugh, a smart, interesting, edgy, powerful businesswoman in her early 40's.---
                  TENTATIVE -- PRE PRODUCTION

Wednesday, May 24 -- 9:00-11:00
                  "" --Episode 2.23 --SEASON FINALE--
                  CONFIRMED -- RELEASED

So, you see Whiskey ... There are 6 more epsidoes left

From PodCast interviews with the Producers, they did say taht there will be answers this season ....
                  |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

Comment

but didn't the cast signup for like 3 more years or something? so we won't be given any info to let us "crack the case" now...

Comment

No, not crack the case .. but i am sure they will reveal something ... and then leave us hanging at the end of the Finale

:)
                      |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

Comment

Could this be another Matrix, with everyone tied into a virtual reality run by the Dharma corporation? That's suggested by the surprise patient at the end of this episode.

Which Heinlein novel is it where the author becomes a character in the book? A similar thing happens in Simon Hawke's humorous The Reluctant Sorcerer. I keep thinking the "author" is going to step into Lost as a character.
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
                          Could this be another Matrix, with everyone tied into a virtual reality run by the Dharma corporation? That's suggested by the surprise patient at the end of this episode.

Which Heinlein novel is it where the author becomes a character in the book? A similar thing happens in Simon Hawke's humorous The Reluctant Sorcerer. I keep thinking the "author" is going to step into Lost as a character.
                          The " MATRIX " theory was discussed in another forum but I think that one has been discredited ...

Here is a list of DISCREDITED THEORIES:

The survivors are dead and/or in Purgatory — dismissed by J. J. Abrams [10]

The survivors are in a time warp — dismissed by Damon Lindelof [11]

Spaceships or aliens influence the events on the island — dismissed by Damon Lindelof [11]

Everything seen is a fictional reality taking place in one or more of the survivors' minds — dismissed by Damon Lindelof [12]

The island is a reality TV show and the castaways unwitting housemates — dismissed by Carlton Cuse [13]

The cloud of black smoke is a nanobot cloud similar to the one featured in Michael Crichton's novel Prey — dismissed by Damon Lindelof [14] [15]
                          |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

Comment

My theory is that the project caused a massive magnetic flux which caused some kind of time/space rip and the island is caught in this seam. T One that Dharma knows about and can find. What they fear is this seam getting biggger or maybe the world finding out.

Just a guess.

*Edit
                            Never mind. (see above)
                            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I wonder if the symbole (that swan) has anything to do with it. Changing from an ugly duckling and everything. And isn't it surrounded by concentric pentagons?(Edit it is octogons, kinda.(

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X