Choosing internet access?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing internet access?

I'm not happy with my current DSL/ISP arrangement (Qwest and a local ISP), so I'm looking at alternatives.

In this area (Minneapolis, MN), I can get Earthlink 6MBPS ADSL or Roadrunner Cable (5+MBPS). I'm wondering what experiences ppl have had with either option...:row__690:
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: Choosing internet access?

I really like road runner, its only gone down when my cable providor was up dateing the fiber lines. Its always had great speeds, im going to say around 3.5-4.5mbs. I have called them a few times about some questions and CS was great.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I've been happy with RoadRunner as well. When we used to live in a townhouse it could bogged down a bit because we were in a young community and most everyone had it but as we were leaving they were going to be opening up another node that I'm sure who have resolved that problem.

Since we've moved to a small town outside the metro we've gotten a rock solid 5MBPS down and 384K up.

Just recently switched from Vonage to Time Warner Digital Phone and I've been very happy with it as well. Digital Phone is a bit more expensive then Vonage but it's still cheaper then SBC!

Comment

I'm going on day 3 with no internet service because of Qwest's "tranlation" problem. My forum access is from a work computer.

They actually admit that it's their problem, but have broken two time commitments to fix...even if the time commitment was as vague as "within 24 hours". While they apologize (nice script) for the inconvenience, there is no offer of restitution for lack of access...only another "within 24 hours" promise.:icon13:

On Monday the Roadrunner installer comes to set up the Cable access!:) With roadrunner service, I may have to change my name to Beep, Beep!
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X