Harvest Moon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvest Moon

Harvest Moon Magical Melody was released last week for the gamecube last week. I picked it up on Tuesday and I haven't stopped playing since. I did stop to test out Act of War High Treason but still.

For those that have never heard about Harvest Moon it is a niche title. You are the owner of a farm and it's your job to get it running well. You can plant crops and raise livestock. Also you can make friends with the locals in you town and get married with one of the girls. (Or boys)
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Harvest Moon

This game is so frikken addictive. I pre-ordered it and got the free plush sheep, too :)

Only complaint: Stamina is low so growing crops can be a pain in the ass, sometimes. Personally, I just avoiding the whole growing business entirely :D (go fish... toss the tuna on the bonfire, slice up the others, and you get a ton of income. Or go mining :) ).

I say this is the best Harvest Moon yet, though there are a few things that could have been developed further.

A) NPC's existance in the world. I know in the SNES version (or maybe n64...) they had routines they usually stuck to. This one doesn't have that as much.
    B) Better festivals, and more interactive ones :(

Comment

I might pick this up...

Comment

My ten year old daughter won't stop playing. This is one of those games I don't really mind her playing. Requires her to plan and excute the plan to gain something.
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Does the farmer get a shotgun to combat w/e dangers a hillbilly farmer may encounter?
          The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
          #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
          83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

^^^^Negative.

I hope HM64 and HM SNES are on the Rev's virtual console. Damn it I really need that Rev to come out like tomarrow.
            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

owned by me because I have HM64, and if you don't you lose.

Comment

^^^^It's in this house some where.
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

The only harvest moon I'm aware of is Neil Young's lol.
                  |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                  [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...