Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG's Physical Server Locations for BF2

Hello,

I've been in search for a clan that resembles what I think I see here, for a very long time.
    But before I get my hopes up high, I wanted to check your server response times to where I am located.

Specificly your Battlefield 2 servers, I tried to connect to all of them but could not connect to any of them.

Where are they physically located? Does anyone here play on them from Florida, USA?

Here's a post I make on Clan Sites when I'm searching for a clan to join, so you can get an idea about me.
    -----------------------------------------------------

What I'm looking for:

I would perfer a clan that already has a website and is all organized but that's not what I'm really looking for.

I want to join the clan that has organized squads or when playing BF2 they all play in the same squad and follow the squad leader's order. They maintain radio silence unless there's information to relayed. They follow the lead of their squad leader always.

The only other problem would be location, I don't want to play on a server with 150+ ping when I can play on ones with 50-75ping. I'm located in Florida but not sure what matters as much.

Side Benefit, a clan that has an Unreal Tournament 2004 branch that operates similar.

What I can Offer:

I'm a web developer/coder/programmer. I'm also a network engineer if that helps for anything. I can maintain a website, improve it, code cool features etc..

I used to be in the Air Force, though it's not a ground unit branch, I follow orders to the letter. I can give orders if I'm in charge. I can lead or follow, whatever situation I'm put in. I'm responsible and mature and I would donate a small amount of $$, if needed, to any monthly charges that clan takes in. Once I believe I found a clan to call my own.

I have been playing BF2 for only about 2 months, but before that I have been playing Unreal Tournament 2004 for a couple of years, and before that I've been playing DeathMatch games since Doom in '94-95 via Modem.

End:

I know this is long and detailed message for a recruit looking for a home, but it's what I've always wanted, and I always end up having to settle for less anyway.
    ------
    [TG]Mastro
    Member since April 2006

Re: TG's Physical Server Locations for BF2

Welcome to TG and the last place you'll play online games, Mastro!

All of our servers are located in Dallas. BF2 Server 1 is really the only one that's populated on a regular basis these days - 70.86.19.218 - and would be your best bet for getting a taste of what we're about. Hop on down to the BF2 forums to read the rules & SOPs, then hop on the server and join a squad led by someone wearing a |TG| tag and let em know you're new to TG.. they'll make you feel right at home :)

TG is not a clan as much as we are a community of like minded, mature gamers. The Primer is probably the best place to start to learn about us.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

Welcome to TG. Perry covered it well. This is the last you need to have an awesome gaming experience.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I'm in orlando, FL and ping 45ish to the TG servers.

Oh and welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Mastro
          I know this is long and detailed message for a recruit looking for a home, but it's what I've always wanted, and I always end up having to settle for less anyway.
          Welcome Mastro! You have found your gaming home. TG won't have you settling for less but expecting more.

I won't repeat what others have already said but most US players get a good ping to the TG servers. I'm near Kansas City and usually ping 30-50.

I don't want to overwhelm you but if you are looking for the most tactical play around read up on the Tactical Mod and see if it interests you. It was just released to the general BF2 community a few days ago and the next Tactical Mod night happens to be tonight.

Comment

Does anyone here play on them from Florida, USA?
            We've got people from Australia playing on them regularly!
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
              Australia is not in Florida, Cing. Sheesh. :p
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                Um... that might give the impression that the servers are in Australia. :D

You get excellent ping to the TG servers from anywhere in North America.

Welcome to TG. We aren't so much a clan as a mature gaming community. Jump on the BF2 servers a few times and it'll tell you far more than any post can. If you like squad-oriented play, you have certainly found the right place.
                Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

All I can see is "Wow".

I read your Primer and the Rules and other guides on BF2, and I feel so encouraged. To think I was the only one that ever thought it would be better if everyone played like this and I was crazy. Why did it take me so long to find you guys?

I checked the server pings and you are all right, they are very low, in the 40's. And you have an Unreal Tournament 2004 branch, I love that game as well. Also, all your ranks and titles are such that reflect miltary badges, it's great! :)

I'll log onto your public server later tonight if I get a chance and get a feel for what you are all about. My in game name is Mastro100 (Mass-Tro) (also have a second one called FredMastro2k, but that's my GameSpy Arcade account, rather go by "Mastro").

Glad to have found you, and thanks for all the posts I'm following up on each one, as far as recommended reading.
                  ------
                  [TG]Mastro
                  Member since April 2006

Comment

Howdy, welcome and salud.

Just a heads up, tonight the main public server for BF2 will be playing TacMod, and not Vanilla BF2. For info on the MOD and download/installation instructions, go here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...formation-faq/

Tactical Mod is very different than regular BF2, but also much better (at least in my opinion). I'd recommend you come on by and play it tonight and experience the mod that our own developers created first-hand. It will take some getting used to, but you should easily be able to join up with a squad and have some fun.
                    [squadl]
                    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

It is also Euro Night at 7PM GMT tonight, if you're interested
                      |TG| Lorian
                      Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

What's Euro Night? Is that that Euro Mod I keep seeing popup in my BF2 screen to download?

I downloaded and installed the MapPacks and the TacticalMod so I'll be ready.
                        ------
                        [TG]Mastro
                        Member since April 2006

Comment

nah - it's just a night for the euro players to get on and play together at a decent hour ...

Who is the man coming down your block?
                          It's me you see with the funk in my walk.
                          Cause I'm doin' just what I like to,
                          Today is my day and I'm a get nice too.
                          You gotta keep movin and you can't say nothin.
                          I'm a keep bouncin and bumpin and stuffin.
                          One thing you ought to know --- I am.. the mastro

:D

Comment

What's Euro Night? Is that that Euro Mod I keep seeing popup in my BF2 screen to download?

I downloaded and installed the MapPacks and the TacticalMod so I'll be ready.
                            There are a decent number of European players and because of the time difference, some of them play on the TG servers when us "Western" players are not on. Euro night's are a planned night for all of them to get together and play at a more European-friendly time.

Comment

Well tonights Euro Night was a complete failure, I cam on at 8:30 and there were a grand total of 2 oteher people.

Why has everyone stopped turning up to the Euro events? :(
                              |TG| Lorian
                              Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...