Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where has Mishkan been?

Just checking in to prove I'm not dead
    Incase you've all noticed or cared, I have been absent for a good while due to various things. What have I been doing you might ask?
    Schoolwork
    Robotics
    Colleges

Robotics
    The coolest part is robotics of course, I compete as a part of FIRST, a very big robotics competition. Our team was part of the winning alliance at our regionals (Lone Star encompasses alot of the Southern states). Here's a picture:

Our robot is the purple one, the easiest way to explain this years game was basically basketball with robots, but more complicated. (3 vs 3 first 15 seconds are without human control).

And here are some videos if you're interested:
    http://robotics.nasa.gov/events/webcasts/lsr_2006.php
    (Look at the final matches, especially the #3) The yellow arrow points to which alliance is on offense. If you have an questions just ask.
    I'll be going to Nationals later this month in Atlanta.

Colleges
    Right now I'm trying to decide which college to go to out of the ones I've been accepted to, its all financial aid etc.
    Carnegie Mellon (priority waitlisted :row__531: ) but still at least 7000 a year if I go there
    Stevens IT - 28,000 a year if I go there (decent school in Hoboken across from NYC)
    Rochester IT - 6,000 a year
    Syracuse - 6,000 a year
    UT Dallas - Full tuition + 6,000 a year
    Still trying to get more money out of some of these schools to help me make my decision better.

School
    Great Thinker Paper (10-15 page thing)
    AP Physics C going over fun stuff of course
    English... i hate english
    Multivariable Calculus (Calc II) - woooo, zzzzzz

Well thats my story, except me to start showing up alot more once Robotics Nationals are over and my time starts coming back.
    [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
    [tg-c1]<victory

Re: Where has Mishkan been?

That's awesome! I'm watching the videos :)

Comment

If you come to Syracuse, let me know. I'm a current student there (err here). Althought, judging by the other schools you were accepted to and what seem to be your interests, you probably won't.

Comment

Where has Mishkan been?
        I don't know but I've been happy since he's been gone, I hope he never comes back :row__572: :row__631:

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
          I don't know but I've been happy since he's been gone, I hope he never comes back :row__572: :row__631:
          At least your mom misses me
          [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

not as much as his dad does ;)

Welcome back Mishkan :)

Comment

Hey mishkan :)

I'm sure you're glad to have your senior year wrapping up. Good to hear you're doing well, though.
              ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
              No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

MIT's not on your list? (I used to regularly attend the 2.70 contest, before all the other schools copied it. ;) It was the "robot" competition of the early 80's. It was MIT's equivalent of a homecoming game.)
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

What's your major gonna be? I'ms a ME student myself in Houston. I'm guessing you got bumped off UT Austin 'cause it filled too fast? Happened to my brother, too.

P.S. - Which one is you?

|TG-Irr| ThePenguineer ::: |TG-Irr| Pengie the Noob
                  TG-Irregulars Commanding Officer
                  ||

Comment

I didn't want to go to UT Austin, it doesn't offer all the programs I wanted.
                    [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...