Hello Tactical Gamer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Tactical Gamer

I just found out about Tactical Gamer through a newsgroup post.

I am the Commanding Officer at a Battlefield 1942 clan called "Steal Rage". We too are geared toward active and inactive military personnel that have gathered together for some good times. We count among our members a United States Marine Corps Sergeant, a USAF Master Sergeant, several ex-members of the Navy and Army as well as those in service with the National Guard and The Reserve of every branch. I, myself, am Lt. Colonel C. David Dial, West Point Class of 1987. I am a veteran of the first Gulf War.

As you can imagine, we've had our ranks of those able to be active members depleted over the last year and a half or so and last year had to go begging for anybody that played the game so we could continue playing in a league we are members of. That's OK .. we have priorities and we did alright.

I thought we shared a common thread with the same general philosophy so I thought I'd stop by a give a big "hello". Perhaps we could scrimmage each other sometime. We don't play Desert Combat (played the original, thanks) but we do play Vanilla, RtR and SW of Battlefield 1942.

If you'd like to arrange something, drop me a line at [email protected]

If not, good luck to you and you have a group of friends in the gaming community at Steal Rage.

JB

Great thread.

Welcome and hello to you. :)

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Good to see you stop in here, JawBreaker.

One of the clans that used to play here (mine) was made entirely of active duty Marines. It kinda broke up late in 2001, though... Some of them are back and are playing some Star Wars game now, but others are still overseas or holding a DD-214. OIJ should have a reunion or something...

I'd be real interested in a scrim, although I'm not so sure about vanilla... I used to know how to play vanilla, but since .7 came out we've had a few vanilla maps in the rotation and I don't do so well on them.... We've got a little rivalry that we need to take care of from within our community, as well. I think it's going to be the people that are coming from the Half Life games (CounterStrike, Natural Selection) VS. the people that are coming from the Tom Clancy games (Ghost Recon, Raven Shield).

Anyway, good to see you here and hope to see you on the server, sir!
      Last edited by CingularDuality; 02-20-2004, 06:06 AM.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Great to see you and thanks for commen in to chat. I think it would be great for a friendly scrim... But as CD said we have played so much DC that most of us wouldnt know what to think in Vanilla!! But nothin says that would stop a friendly scrim and an oppertunity to make new friends that play the game with similer style. I am personally all for it.

And again welcome!!

Comment

ok jaw breaker, but lets try to go about this the other way. we would be happy to play with you and the league that you guys are in sounds great. but why not check out the whole of Tactical Gamers web site, we are not really a clan, we are just a huge group of members to a community. to which you and your guys sound like ideal people to join up.

joining to TG does not in any way mean you have to give up your identity as SR or that you have to sport a TG tag some of our members just do that to promote the best gamming community we know and love. but clans are clans and have their own identity. think of TacticalGamer as the place you come and bring your team together with other guys from all around the world to practice and play everyday.

i myself am from London England, there are only a few Brits in the server and i am very proud to be one of them.

and if its new members you need to join your squad aswell, joining TG will imsure give you more than enough guys who would like to play with you in that league you guys have.

yuo can even rent servers here so you and your team will have a private place to go and kill the enemy in a group.. check it out and never think of TG as a clan but a group of friends who njoy the same company without the silly perthetic world of the cheating pubbies. etc etc... im sure you know what mean there.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Re: Hello Tactical Gamer

This is the guy that wrote the USENET post in the BF forum...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X