How to quiet a crying baby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to quiet a crying baby

I was going to throw this in the sand box, but I think it is so valuable to our new (and soon to be) TG parents that it had to be in General Discussion. Observe:

http://videosift.com/story.php?id=1517

I don't have any young enough to test this on (they're all too old) but there sure were some nights that I wish I knew this :)

RW
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: How to quiet a crying baby

I couldn't understand a word of that video, but I'm pretty sure I've gurgled drool in a semi-conscious-extremely-exhausted state and it didn't shut the kid up.

Years ago I had a friend who, in addition to thinking up "National Drunk Driving Day", had an idea for a doll: Baby Shake Me ('till I stop crying).

Whatever works.

Comment

Awwww, ickle babies.

Comment

I just shake a crying baby until it falls asleep;)
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

I figured it out, you need some high pitched Chinese lady to narrorate while you are drinking water out of a wine glass. That has gotta be it
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

I just sent the link to a friend w/a 6 mo. old. She said she'll try when her kid wakes up. Will report back soon...
            |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
            [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Back in college that sound would stop my roommates crying as well ;)

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix

lmfao :icon31:

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy
                  I just shake a crying baby until it falls asleep;)
                  With like, your hands or what? Can you use a washing machine?

Comment

Call me skeptical but just about anything works the first few times you try it. Once the kid gets used the sound the crying will commence.

Besides, how in the heck do you get japanese characters to flow from your mouth while gargling water? No wonder they're all smarter than us.
                    New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by B. Clawhammer
                      I just sent the link to a friend w/a 6 mo. old. She said she'll try when her kid wakes up. Will report back soon...
                      If it doesn't start crying, she could slap it a few times then try out the gurgling....
                      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

[QUOTE=TychoCelchuuu]With like, your hands or what? Can you use a washing machine?[/QUOTE

Most of the time I use my hands, But when they are really loud...I just throw them in the dryer( on low heat of course...I dont want to kill the baby:))
                        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

[QUOTE=Dirtboy]
                          Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                          With like, your hands or what? Can you use a washing machine?[/QUOTE

Most of the time I use my hands, But when they are really loud...I just throw them in the dryer( on low heat of course...I dont want to kill the baby:))
                          I didn't think about that! I figured the baby would weigh down the dryer too much, but I guess they really are light enough! Thanks for the tips man. I can't wait to try this out.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
                            Is that when y'all were working on the Port Huron Statement? The original not the compromised second draft.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                              Is that when y'all were working on the Port Huron Statement? The original not the compromised second draft.

hahaha, something like that :row__593:

most of all, I'm just glad to finally know what THIS damn icon is: :icon31:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X