Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's excited! (an editorial)

I can't help myself...

I told myself over and over to remain calm, and not get excited...
    I tell myself daily about the terrible direction squad tactics shooters have gone lately...
    I've told myself gaming is now becoming centered around consoldes...

I remind myself on how we PC gamers got screwed out of Ghost Recon 2...
    I remind myself how, before SWAT 4, and after SWAT 3, there was suppose to be a "Urban Justice" SWAT game...
    I remind myself on how back wards they went with the Rainbow Six series, with that joke of a game, Lockdown...
    I remind myself how my current favorite games, both Operation Flashpoint and America's Army, turned to the dark side and released console versions of there games...

But I can't help it...

I am stroked about the upcoming Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter PC game...

I am stroked about the "anytime" release of Armed Assualt...

I am stroked about the summer update to America's Army...

Will I be disappointed?

Will my gaming heart be crushed this Summer?

Will I turn to the dark side by Christmas, forsake PC gaming for... an Xbox 360?

The above three listed games have a hugh impact on how I for-see gaming, and if I will finally cave in and become a console lover.. I have the 50 inch hi def DLP TV, I have the 700 watt surround sound system, I have the money for an Xbox 360... and almost bought one twice, only to resist the tempation... what will this Christmas bring to MagnumLand... will I be here with you guys, playing PC games... or will I be on Xbox Live, getting my ass whipped by 12 year olds, while I yell for teamwork, and tactics!

What will 2007 bring to me... we shall see within the next few months... till then... I am excited, excited for the above mentioned games, and excited about the opportunity to play with a good number of you mature, like minded, teamwork minded, tactical minded gamers...

We will see...

we

will

see

Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Who's excited! (an editorial)

I see no option but to all get stroked together. ;)
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I'm guardedly optimistic.

Frankly, I have enough games to play, between Falcon 4.0, HL2 and it's Valve derivatives, SWAT4, World of Warcraft, Operation Flashpoint, and Ghost Recon.

I'm looking to replace the last two with GRAW and Armed Assault, so I see my current game selection as fairly static through the end of 2006. If GRAW sucks, then I will do what I did with DOOM and QUAKE4: wait for the modders to take over. They will, they are there, waiting to get their hands on the new engine.

Armed Assault, if/when it ships (I've seen rumors that it has/will slip to 2007) will be my primary title for quite some time. Again, the modders will give the game legs, after we are bored of the stock maps.

The World of Warcraft expansion has some theoretical interest to me, as well as UT2007, but I can't say I'm looking forward to them per se. For me, it's time to hunker down, and get through the games at hand.

Comment

I'm right with you, Magnum. Excited about those three very same releases! I can't wait.

Next week's GRAW demo will be a telltale sign of what's to come.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
          I see no option but to all get stroked together. ;)
          I think you meant "stoked". "Stroked" is more San Francisco.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
            I think you meant "stoked". "Stroked" is more San Francisco.
            I was thinking that myself. I thought maybe I was just an idiot and have been using 'stoked' incorrectly my entire life. :)

Main Entry: stoked
            Pronunciation: 'stOkt
            Function: adjective
            slang : being in an enthusiastic or exhilarated state

This coming from the guy who grew up thinking they where Chester's drawers, not chest of drawers. I just figured Chester created them and they were named after him. The things you think as an 8 year old.

Comment

You guys are getting rusty.
              Originally posted by Magnum50
              I am stroked about the upcoming Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter PC game...

I am stroked about the "anytime" release of Armed Assualt...

I am stroked about the summer update to America's Army...
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I was referring to both you AND Magnum. :)

Comment

Ya, my screw up... but maybe I am stroked, or stroking... you never really know...do you. ;)

I don't feel like changing it, stroked is good. ;)
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
                    Ya, my screw up... but maybe I am stroked, or stroking... you never really know...do you. ;)

I don't feel like changing it, stroked is good. ;)

o come on!...i dont think i can be in the same stack up as you anymore...atleast give me #1 and you #6...lol

This summer is really gonna be an interesting one for TG. Dont forget the GRAW demo is coming out next week sometime
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

I'm on the fence with Ghost Recon; I'll just play the demo and decide for myself, since they certainly went the "let's make the game as horrible as possible then not even release it for PC" route with Ghost Recon 2. I can't really see Armed Assault as being anything other than awesome. As for America's Army, I've always liked the game in theory but disliked it in practice. The engine, which by all accounts ought to be fine since it's just Unreal, feels clunky, unwieldy, ugly, soupy, unresponsive, and all that, and the game itself just isn't visually interesting. That's mostly just me though, and I'm glad there's a free game that's about as good as Red Orchestra by all accounts.

Comment

I'm just hoping that the modders can give us at least 8 in co-op for GRAW. Between GRAW and Arma, the hardcore milsim TGers should be fine until Game 2 :)

Comment

Or until the draft! :D

If GRAW, and to a lesser degree Armed Assault, are successful, hopefully we'll get more tactical shooters that aren't just crappy ports of crappier console titles (like Lockdown). SWAT 4 was a step in the right direction but it was marketed to a niche group more or less. More mainstream games that still give us good tactical gameplay certainly seem possible. Full Spectrum Warrior tried it too, and add that to all the other squad based shooters in the past few years and you're certainly seeing a bit of a trend.

Comment

The difference between GRAW AA SWAT OFP and a few others is its more simulation not the arcadiness of BF2 COD2 CSS, yeah those are tactical but running and gunning just will not work on the first 4.

I feel the reason more games are coming out that are more simulation is that for years the RnGers have had all the games and its now being seen by the gaming manufactures that the Tactical players want something also.
                            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                            -Vulcan

Comment

Never having played Operatio Flashpoint, but hearing others here rave about it, I am most excited about Armed Assualt. I must limit my games and that is the one I am saving my time and money for.
                              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X