OGame: EVE, just in a browser!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OGame: EVE, just in a browser!

Well, since there is no specific forum for internet game threads, I thought I would post this here.

I recently found OGame when I saw a friend of mine playing it, so I signed myself up, completely FREE. It allows you to make your account, and your home planet, then you build buildings and they gather metal, crystal, diterium and energy. You then build spaceports and make spaceships of all diffrent sorts. You can defend your planet with defenses and attack other planets. It is really quite similar to EVE and I believe you can hook up with other players in alliances.

The website: www.ogame.org

Universe (it matters which universe you join, thats the only place you can login.): 1
    My account name: tg acid
    My home planet: TGOE

Re: OGame: EVE, just in a browser!

im checking it out..looks cool....universe 1 Schmidlin is my planet and Trooper is my nick
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

looks like an eve ripoff to me :P

no seriously though the only place you get the shakes while battling is in eve. ;)

- -

Comment

hey i just got ogame today. are there any other games like this? Im interested in a huge interstellar universe, something like pax imperia used to be. but i don't know. Every time i try another space combat/civilizationbuilding game, it always turns out to be either really corny, with a ton of goofy races, or like ogame, from what i hear, you need to be able to play it 24 hours, and it just turns into a crash fest, making as much as possible as quickly as possible and being super efficient. maybe im too picky, im more interested in building civilizations on different planets, and managing a ton of information, having a lot of replay value as well.

so what are the greatest space exploration, civilization building games, with less emphasis on huge mindless fleet building and killing?

-rob

ps im a huge starwars fan.

Comment

From the screenshots, I'm surprised that Sierra isn't on the phone with their lawyers over those ships models.

Could be fun, and free is the right price.

Comment

Free is the right price for everything, even the Tactical OS *nudge nudge*

Welcome to TG, orion! EvE is the only other space game I know of, but Im not sure there are that many in depth games like that, but OGame looks like you will be able to manage an empire if you can create it ;).

Should I go ahead and make an alliance group so we can all hook up?

Comment

X3: Reunion isn't multiplayer but you can manage gigantic trade empires in that one, too.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                X3: Reunion isn't multiplayer but you can manage gigantic trade empires in that one, too.
                Yeah, but isn't it buggy and practically unfinished?

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                |TG-2nd|munchkin
                Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Yes to "buggy," no to "practically unfinished." They've patched it a bit since it has come out, too.

Comment

Black what Position is your planet...mine is 1:100:4

meaning im in universe 1 system 100 planet 4
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement