The Hidden: Source, Beta 3 Release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hidden: Source, Beta 3 Release

I'd just like to bring the Beta 3 release of the Hidden, which has been in development since Beta 2 half a year ago, to the attention of my TG comrades. I am hoping to get in some good games tonight in this wildly innovative game, and I hope to be playing them with you. I'll be idling in the Teamspeak server under "Half Life Engine" if you're interested, have questions, or just want to yell at me for being ugly.

Here is a currently operating download link, which may or may not stay online after the duration of the weekend. Should the turnout be large, I hope it can land a slot in member-only downloads.

Synopsis
    ---
    Mission Briefing : Hunt down an invisible enemy.
    The Infinitum Research Intercept Squad (I.R.I.S.) is on the hunt for a fugitive, the subject of a secret genetic experiment, who is known only as Subject 617.

The Good News : The IRIS team is well trained, well armed and co-ordinated.

The Bad News : The genetic manipulation has given Subject 617 enhanced speed, mobility and incredible strength - he can pounce like a tiger, cling to any surface and is known to pin victims up for feeding. Worst of all, the experiments have rendered him nearly invisible to the human eye. This is why he is simply known as ... The Hidden
    ---

"Any game can put a handful of weapons in people's hands and ask them to go crazy with it, but very few can evoke pure feelings of excitement and dread the way The Hidden can. While games like Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat encourage the idea of teamwork, no other game puts such pressure on you to keep your team mates alive, to work together watching your collective backs, less you should all get slaughtered." -ModDB (On Beta 2)

"...And that's not even mentioning the pure fun of hunting your fellow players down..." -ModDB (On Beta 2)
    ---

More information can be found at their website www.hidden-source.com, however since it would seem their bandwidth has been gobbled up with the release, you should go check out google's cache in the meantime.

I hope to see some interested players on teamspeak tonight! I swear I only bring this community the best of the best HL2 Mods, so come and try to prove me wrong.

-Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Re: The Hidden: Source, Beta 3 Release

Wow, Downloading now.
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Fun game, to bad it seems almost every server I join its a bunch of kids whining :-/. I like the sonic alarms :D

They really, really need helmet cams for this mod that you can watch instead of cameras around the map... that would be a lot more interesting
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Yea I played this game a little bit, lost interest because of the poor server support, mod has great direction though.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper
          Fun game, to bad it seems almost every server I join its a bunch of kids whining :-/. I like the sonic alarms :D

They really, really need helmet cams for this mod that you can watch instead of cameras around the map... that would be a lot more interesting
          Press spacebar when you are dead Aero.

Get on teamspeak and we'll pub together, much better that way.

>>>Please go on Teamspeak!<<<
          -Zephyr
          You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

We are no clan.

Comment

I played the first release of this; it was pretty fun. Certainly had a lot of potential, and it looks like they've lived up to it.

Comment

Well I idled for 6 hours last night, no one showed up. :(
              -Zephyr

We are no clan.

Comment

I've been playing on and off today... Tomorrow I may play somemore.. I had B2, but thanks to you Zephyr i've updated.

I found the update a lot better than the old version. People were using some of the exploits to there advantage.

I found that the game is a lot more balanced to. And the new featurs, like semi heat/stink? vision for the hidden are way helpful in making for a more "Round" game.
                Oyee

Comment

I'll download the newest beta client and try it out.

Comment

I play on deadclan's graveyard frequently. Great mod.

99. A smiley face is not used to mark a minefield.
                    100. Claymore mines are not filled with yummy candy, and it is wrong to tell new soldiers that they are.
                    101. I am not allowed to mount a bayonet on a crew-served weapon.

Comment

Looks like resident evil on source steroids! I'll check it out.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                        Looks like resident evil on source steroids! I'll check it out.
                        Except in this game the good guys don't always win...hehehe...

Maybe we can arrange to integrate this to TG, if enough people get into it. Most servers only go up to 9 people as it is, yet ends up being a bigger number in this game than in many others. The community doesn't have to be huge to make this game a great experience. Idling in the Half Life Engine Teamspeak channel...
                        -Zephyr

We are no clan.

Comment

It's an incredibly fun mod, worth checking out if you have some time to kill.

I played it over at my sisters house one night and then I went out and bought half-life 2 just to play more :P My first time being "the hidden", I couldn't help but use the creepy voice overs and moving objects to make the "good guys" a bit jumpy before I went in for my kills, works like a charm.

Think of it as Predator (the movie) in a sense the hidden is the predator and there are 8 Arnolds running around going after him ;)
                          -

Comment

Et3rnal and I are hosting a lan party this weekend where we are planning on playing this game. I like the changes from beta 2 alot except that the hidden dude is alot more invisible. Remember, stick together and use the trip wires. Being selffish and using a LAM is just dumb.

Bearded ruminant mammal with hollow horns and coarse hair belonging to the genus Capra.

Comment

With trip lasers, you can put on ceilings and on the floor, this would be a good tactic for narrow passages or doorways. Also, if you can put them low to the ground (horizontal), near floor grout lines, they are completely hidden from the hidden (his vision is somewhat altered)... if you can keep the emitter hidden from sight, you have a well placed trip wire that will catch him unprepared :)

I love the feature, and nearly always go support with the machine gun. The less lethal gun seems to be some sort of pepper shot used to disorent him... I find it completely useless unless its used with adrenal shots (makes you a hard target, if you get the timing right... which in itself is very hard). I've tried it a few times, can be a good combo, if your timing is spot on... requires more work than I want to put into it though.

Timing for this would be as follows:
                              Hit the hidden with a pepper ball or two
                              switch to your pistol and hit F (to activate the adrenal shot)

be sure your support, so you have multiple adrenal shots

Then, dodge your little heart out, try to anticipate the hiddens quick movments (as your vision will suffer for sudden use of adrenal) and plug him with the pisol.

Hope these tips help anyone :)
                              Last edited by Clodhopper; 05-05-2006, 04:55 AM.
                              -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X