NFL Draft 4/29/06

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Draft 4/29/06

Well the NFL draft is tomorrow and I think it will be the most unpredictable draft ever with many surprises.

Already the Texans who have been expected to draft Reggie Bush with the no 1 pick has reach an agreement with DE Mario Williams from the University of North Carolina 5 yr $52 million with a 6yr option :icon_eek:

That is going to make the New Orleans pick at 2 crucial for the rest of the round. It's gonna be a crazy draft guys lots of surprises in my opinion. Should be fun to watch
    sigpic

Re: NFL Draft 4/29/06

yeah i dint think texas would pick bush, not really a fan of any of the over rated PAC ten players, but bush is a good player. I think NO will swap with the jets and pick back a few spots. The jets need a QB young or linhert* will work for them. Greenbay needs either a receiver or RB as their first pick, which could be Santonio Holms or what ever that RB from maryland is.

I completely agree with you drizz one of the first drafts where the top five have not been already pickd...I "get" to sit in my wifes graduation during the first round so i have my cell phone preloaded with ESPN so i can check on it during.....
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
      yeah i dint think texas would pick bush, not really a fan of any of the over rated PAC ten players, but bush is a good player. I think NO will swap with the jets and pick back a few spots. The jets need a QB young or linhert* will work for them. Greenbay needs either a receiver or RB as their first pick, which could be Santonio Holms or what ever that RB from maryland is.

I completely agree with you drizz one of the first drafts where the top five have not been already pickd...I "get" to sit in my wifes graduation during the first round so i have my cell phone preloaded with ESPN so i can check on it during.....
      Don't count out the Jets taking OT D'Brickishaw Ferguson. The NY fans won't like it but don't be surprised if they draft him. I disagree with the Packers taking WR or RB. There really is no WR or RB worth the 5th pick after Bush. They will draft AJ Hawk from the Thugeyes of Ohio State. He's one of the safest picks in the top ten and is molded to be a Packer.
      sigpic

Comment

Thats what all the analyists are saying, and i agree to some degree of that. They could just as easily pick santonio holms to as a WR. Dbrickshaw is a good choice for the Jets, they could really use a player like that.

I think out of all the QBs going into the draft linhert and young will be the first to fall of the NFL face the quickest. Linhert is SO over rated, just like Tom Brady. They are both good QBs but not as good as the Greats.

I think the colts will have a tough time in the draft, cuase they need someone to fill the edges spot at RB. NO is sitting good, just maybe a WR or even a RB to help the offence since they signed Drew Breeze. There is alot of talent in this draft and i think alot of teams will get what they need in players to make this maybe the best NFL season in a long time.

Gonna be a long day tomorrow for some players.
        -Vulcan

Comment

I think Young will struggle the most if he doesn't go to a team that will fit his talents. Young came from a shotgun read offense. His athletic ability will help him most but I think he will be a mediocre QB for sure. Leinart has all the skills but I think he will struggle with the mental part of the game, you saw how he handled loosing to Texas.

If NO doesn't trade out they will take Bush for sure I think. They also like Ferguson and Hawk, don't be surprised if they trade sown though. There's a lot of teams that have multiple picks and NO needs more than just one player to improve

Indy might get some good value with their pick if Morony or Lindell White falls. White might just be the best proto-typical NFL running back if he can get back into shape.
          sigpic

Comment

yeah i agree with you on Young, hes another michael vick..Jets could use him. I think for linhert to make it more then three years he needs to be draftd to a team with an already established offencive line to protect him. White would do good with the colts but i think if he lasts that long the steelers should grab him, they need that heavy hitting RB another bus.

I think any of the top ten teams would benifit greatly by having AJ hawk for THE ohio state buckeyes, he just wants to play, doesnt care where just wants it. He will be fun to watch for years to come.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Young isn't another Michael Vick. Vick was a run-first, pass-second QB. Young is pass-first. Also, Young has proven himself to be an effective passer (3rd highest passing efficiency in NCAA, 1st going into Rose Bowl where he was 30-40 for 267 yards and 0 INT, 26 TD passes on the season).

I believe Vince Young has the athletic ability, talent, and the HEART to succeed in the NFL. But I agree, he'll be the most successful on a team designed to take advantages of his abilities.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Those are great numbers Tau but it was in a "shotgun read" offense which he can't do that in the pro's he's gonna have to learn how to read NFL defenses which I think will hurt his progress. His athletic ability will bail him out a lot but it's going to be an uphill battle for him to be a true top flight QB
                sigpic

Comment

The majority of the offense was run out of shotgun / zone read this year. Last year we saw more of VY operating under center, but this year I think maybe only about 10-20% of the plays were under center -- mostly in the beginning of the season or during blowouts. All of the QBs will have an uphill battle; however, Leinart seems to have a slight head start due to the way the USC offense operates.

I just hope VY doesn't end up on the Cowboys (Jerry Jones = jerk) or a California team (I absolutely abhor their bandwagon fans and the media obsession :p )

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino
                    ....or a California team (I absolutely abhor their bandwagon fans and the media obsession :p )

Whoa, now. Let's not lump all of the California NFL teams together there:
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

"The first pick in the 2006 NFL draft is DE Mario Williams NC state"

So it has begun, the New Orleans Saints are on the clock.
                      sigpic

Comment

Come on Jets trade up!!!

Comment

New Orlean Saints have chosen Reggie Bush from USC Titans are on the clock
                          sigpic

Comment

my pick would for Titans would be young
                            -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                              my pick would for Titans would be young

Vince young went to the Titans you called it Trooper
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X