This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over 700 legal tv shows!

Including: 24, family guy, pink panther (the original), thundercats, and monty pythons flying circus + more.

removed until further notice.

I'm not quite allowed to post links yet but since this whole topic is based off this link I changed the www to qqq. Just retype it.
    Last edited by NotAgOat; 05-05-2006, 10:25 PM.

Bearded ruminant mammal with hollow horns and coarse hair belonging to the genus Capra.

Re: Over 700 legal tv shows!

How is this legal again? Namely the shield, sopranos, and 24?
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Internet TV has always been legal...

Bearded ruminant mammal with hollow horns and coarse hair belonging to the genus Capra.

Comment

By "legal" I think you mean "against the law." Which is a synonym for "illegal."

Comment

Why do you speek of which you know not of?

Originally posted by Wikipedia
          In the past, television was only distributed via cable, satellite, or terrestrial systems. Today, with the increase in Internet connection speeds, advancements in technology, the increase of total number of people online, and the decrease in connection costs, it has become increasingly common to find traditional television content, accessible freely and legally over the Internet. In addition to this, new Internet-only television content (that is not also distributed via cable, satellite, or terrestrial systems) has appeared.
          EDIT:
          I might not have your true intentions obvious to me, Im sure your a good guy. If infact your wording is just a little harsh sounding to me I have misjudged you I apologize for being rude. Otherwise, no comment.

Comment

Though there certainlly is legal TV content on the web, I doubt that all of it is. Also note that where you live has much more to do with what is legal and illegal than what Wikipedia says. I would try to find more information about [website in question] before claiming that all of its videos are legal.
            Last edited by millipede777; 05-06-2006, 12:46 AM.
            AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Hmm, Lip syncing is terrible.

Comment

I understand your skeptisism, but to my understanding internet tv is 100% legal. Im not sure if there are certain exceptions but tv shows, music videos, movies, etc can all be shared via internet tv legally.

Comment

yah im going to say bs on that until i see some actual proof about that. If its legal why do they sell them on pod cast? Ive heard of watching shows over the internet but never downloading them. Im sure a vet can fill us in on this, wheres cing when you need him
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Internet TV is not legal unless it is explicity released over the Internet. What we have here are people who have put these things on the Internet of their own volition, a sentiment which regardless of the morality is nevertheless illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                      yah im going to say bs on that until i see some actual proof about that. If its legal why do they sell them on pod cast? Ive heard of watching shows over the internet but never downloading them. Im sure a vet can fill us in on this, wheres cing when you need him
                      Thats exactly what this site does trooper... there is no downloading of files to your hd at all. This is the second thread im being accused of pirating. Simply amazing.

Comment

Uh, no, there's a "Download this video" button whenever you watch any episode. This is just some guy who has illegally stuck TV on the Internet.

Comment

Most TV shows have a rider that prevents rebroadcast. Most people record via VHS or TiVO, or something similar, and that is considered fair use, since they are recording a broadcast for personal use.

This is not. Recording a broadcast and redistributing it without consent is illegal.

Comment

Ive spent the last 2 hrs scouring the net looking for proof of legality, for or against it. I admit I cant find any, so until someone produces hard proof ill take the link down.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                              Most TV shows have a rider that prevents rebroadcast. Most people record via VHS or TiVO, or something similar, and that is considered fair use, since they are recording a broadcast for personal use.

This is not. Recording a broadcast and redistributing it without consent is illegal.
                              Technically, Tivo and even VHS recordings are illegal. However, nobody prosecutes them. Partly because it'd just be a bother, but also because they (movie companies) figure they aren't losing money on the deal because the TV stations have to pay to play the movie. The tv stations then turn around and sell advertising time and/or charge end users, etc. So, unless the internet TV system is paying companies (and since it would be based on expected viewership, I highly doubt it) My bet would be that it's not legal.
                              a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                              Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                              Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                              Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                              Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X