Fresh Meat: Summer Job Market

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh Meat: Summer Job Market

I need a summer job. Strong Back, Smart, Weak Willpower. Chi-Town area (preferably south side +burbs because there is NO FREAKING WAY I am taking 294 to the North Suburbs).
    USAR

Re: Fresh Meat: Summer Job Market

Figured some of our Chicago area TGers might know of some internship/externship/college student type jobs for the summer. Weak willpower didn't really sound right... Ill do almost friggin anything to avoid the job Im lined up for :)
    USAR

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
      the chances of finding a fellow Tactical Gamer who knows where the Chi-Town area of Illiinois is is rather small
      Oddly enough. I think the chance of finding a fellow TG'er that knows Chi-Town is rather high. I'm going to snip your post so Squeak can follow through with his requst without your negativity.
      Last edited by Apophis; 05-09-2006, 09:15 AM.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
        Oddly enough. I think the chance of finding a fellow TG'er that knows Chi-Town is rather high. I'm going to snip your post so Squeak can follow through with his requst with your negativity.
        *without

Yes?
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
          *without

Yes?
          Yes! Thanks for the catch.

I know we have quite a number of 30-somethings in the Chicago area that might have some input here. Now we just need to get them to read the thread!
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

/me dances the hula, nakey.

Think that will catch someones attention?

Maybe I should dig out my resume X)
            USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak
              Figured some of our Chicago area TGers might know of some internship/externship/college student type jobs for the summer. Weak willpower didn't really sound right... Ill do almost friggin anything to avoid the job Im lined up for :)
              Huh. I don't know of anything off the top of my head, but gimme more info on what you are looking for, what are you getting a degree in, what year, any particular skills, etc etc?

I'll kick some of the less active members here too, maybe they have some ideas.

Comment

Industrial Technology Degree, with a concentration in automation and control. Senior, 2 semesters away from graduating (making me a super senior). Lots of honors independent study and research classes revolving around PLCs and Microcontrollers.

Id like to work with Allen Bradly PLCs, Microcontrollers (anything really), robotics, web page development, etc in that order of preference. Right now I am a god when it comes to working with and programming PLCs.
                USAR

Comment

Ah. A much better description. Ok, I know exactly who to send your description too, she works for an automation company in chicago, but no promises on a bite, and I have no idea where their offices are at exactly(they have multiple in different locations though...)

Funny, my summer internship when I was in college for my junior and senior years was at an automation company in PA. I was doing straight programming, but it was a good diverse company to gain experience with. I worked with some older PLC's, I have no idea what type they were...

Comment

I sent you a PM squeek.

Comment

Did you get it squeak? Did ya? Did ya?
                      Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

We shall see! Addict hooked me up with a contact in an Automation/Control Firm. He rocks. ++Rep
                        USAR

Comment

Anyone have experience looking at resumes? I mean real world experience, where you might have had to look at a bunch to decide candidates. I just want someone to critique it.
                          USAR

Comment

Go ahead and post it, im sure we can all give you pointers.
                            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                            -Vulcan

Comment

I have. Any spelling or grammatical errors send a resume to the slush pile. It indicates a lack of concern for quality. Have someone else proofread it to catch the errors you miss because you've stared at it too long. (A friend who's good at such things had me proofread hers and I caught a double-word split across two lines.)
                              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X